cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls using up the minutes

cammom
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text message today telling me I only have 10 minutes left. When I checked my usage, nearly all the minutes were from incoming calls. Why are incoming calls using up the minutes when I am on the $15 plan that has unlimited incoming calls?

13 REPLIES 13

@sunflowershine wrote:

@cammom You probably don't want to pay another $15. You can buy an add-on of 500 minutes of Canada-wide calls of $5 in the meantime. You can change the plan to the new $15 plan with unlimited incoming call until next cycle. 

The only reason that I can think of to make such a change immediately would be if all data has been consumed.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cammom You probably don't want to pay another $15. You can buy an add-on of 500 minutes of Canada-wide calls of $5 in the meantime. You can change the plan to the new $15 plan with unlimited incoming call until next cycle. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@cammom wrote:

I received a text message today telling me I only have 10 minutes left. When I checked my usage, nearly all the minutes were from incoming calls. Why are incoming calls using up the minutes when I am on the $15 plan that has unlimited incoming calls?

@cammom , remember to check since your last renewal and just not April as it is 30 day plans not monthly.  Also, call minutes are rounded up to the next minute ie a call of 2:03 is actually 3 minutes.  As others have stated if you post a screenshot of your usage that should help us get a better understanding of what is going on.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Naepalm you are right it is radio silence that usually means they have found their answer and unless the op says anything to the contrary there is no reason for a moderator that reply is used far to often without asking other questions first 😊

@iliketotalk wrote:

@Naepalm the whole point is if you had the old 15 dollar plan from late last year people were informed to upgrade to the new 15 dollar plan to be eligible to the free incoming minutes  there is no need for a moderator 

that's going under the assumption that that is the case. But the OP still has not said that. And the OP just registered today... if he bought the plan recently and it's doing this then I think calling it into the MOD's is prudent. 

But if the OP has not upgraded then yes I agree, the fly in the ointment here is it is radio silence right now from the OP....

@Naepalm the whole point is if you had the old 15 dollar plan from late last year people were informed to upgrade to the new 15 dollar plan to be eligible to the free incoming minutes  there is no need for a moderator 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@cammom wrote:

This makes absolutely no sense to me. If you have the current 15.00 plan as many have already stated. My advice would be to open a ticket, don't go and spend more money. Especially if it's not your fault. Go to SIMon here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Here is a screenshot explaining what uses minutes and what doesn't. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 9.09.30 PM.png

@cammom as requested by @mpcdesign , to save more, add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free. You can also use it as I do to check my voicemail from my own phone without using the minutes from the PM plan. Simply dial your PM phone number - reject the call when it rings (this sends the call to voicemail) - press the * key to allow you to enter your password. - enter - and you are in your voicemail account - Hang up when you are finished. No minutes used.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@cammom, under your 'My Plan' > 'Plan Details'

Does your account look like the old status?
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 5.48.19 PM.png

If so, change it to the new plan. Hopefully, the renewal date is sooner than later. If you change the plan to be 'Change Now' then you will lose the other remaining data and start a new plan. If you could wait until your next renewal date, this may be more cost-efficient for you.

Granted, message @gblackma who knows more about TextNow, which will help you in the meantime!

@cammom wrote:

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@cammom, I recently signed up for the $15 plan.

This is what it says for my plan. Does your plan say this as well?

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 2.26.38 AM.png

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cammom wrote:

You may have the old version of the $15 plan which does not have unlimited incoming minutes.

You can schedule a plan change to the current $15 plan on your next renewal date.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@cammom hi if you have had that plan since dec or earlier you must upgrade to the new 15 dollar plan at renewal to get the free incoming calls  before that incoming calls were not included

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@cammom could you please post your usage history for your new cycle. Sort it by call type. Please omit any personal information from the post.  Thanks.

Here's an article on limited minute plans. https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/limited-talk-and-text-plans

Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.