cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Looks like Bell is coming back into the discount segment of the market.  Hopefully this bodes well for better promos going forward. 

https://mobilesyrup.com/2017/11/03/bell-discounted-wireless-brand-canada/

12 REPLIES 12

As much as I love more new names in the market, I believe that nothing will change, it is still Bell after all,. The market will still stay the same and they will even push Freedom mobile even more now. 

I would love to see Orange or Vodafone in here , but that doesnt seem to be likely in the future

Bell made a huge push with Solo giving them (at the time) the best plans in market
The prepay model was a mess and Bell gave them severly limited hardware choices (mostly junk eol Bell handsets & devices they had far too many of in warehouses)

They then offered SIM BYOD service, but SIMs were nearly impossible to find (very limited supply)

Brand was killed off because Bell took over running Virgin and poured all money and effort into their Fido-killer

I doubt Bell has any concrete plans for Solo who has been in zombieland last couple of years

@computergeek541 wrote:

I don't understand this. Why did they get rid of the Solo brand then?

I would say that article is mostly speculation.   The Bell CEO just says that he "thinks" something will happen in the future, but htere are no specifics provided.  There's no mention of the brand name that will be used, any timeframe, nor anything about the possible price plans that will be offered.

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

US competitors...that would be the dream!

R47
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The more competition in the market the better 🙂

@mimmo wrote:

Let's see what happens, hopefully nothing too exciting else I will lose referrals. 🙂

Lol, you can make that up with a reduction to your plan price.  Who knows maybe something even better than the fall 2016 fall promo may come along.  If that happens, maybe there won't be any lost referrals after all.

Hey folks what's with the SIM collection thing.  Is this the electronic edition of stamp collection?  Do used SIM cards have any material value or just sentimental value?

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I am still able to bring up Solo's website. LOL

I don't understand this. Why did they get rid of the Solo brand then?

I would say that article is mostly speculation.   The Bell CEO just says that he "thinks" something will happen in the future, but htere are no specifics provided.  There's no mention of the brand name that will be used, any timeframe, nor anything about the possible price plans that will be offered.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It would be nice to see this happen but it would be even better if competition was open to the US companies. 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Let's see what happens, hopefully nothing too exciting else I will lose referrals. 🙂

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kav2001c wrote:

I just want a new Solo SIM for my collection

Me too Cat Happy nice more choice

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

I just want a new Solo SIM for my collection

denkom
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice!!! This looks promising. Hopefully more competition and better prices for us 😃

Need Help? Let's chat.