cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refund an add on

lgillmore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

A month ago I went to San Diego for a week for vacation. I purchased the $20 10 day US add on for talk/text/250 data.

I was not able to use the data network in the US, although my phone seemed to recognize the network. I found wi-fi and used the FAQs on the public mobile site for help and it told me to change the access point name, which I did but it still didn't work. 

I am wondering if I could get a refund, as I was unable to use any roaming data.

Thank you,

-Lindsay

3 REPLIES 3

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@lgillmore  Send the mods a message and explain it's not fair since you had no access to data and hopefully they will credit your account for atleast half the price if you were able to talk and text. Good luck!

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@lgillmore wrote:

Hi, 

A month ago I went to San Diego for a week for vacation. I purchased the $20 10 day US add on for talk/text/250 data.

I was not able to use the data network in the US, although my phone seemed to recognize the network. I found wi-fi and used the FAQs on the public mobile site for help and it told me to change the access point name, which I did but it still didn't work. 

I am wondering if I could get a refund, as I was unable to use any roaming data.

Thank you,

-Lindsay

Were you able to talk or text? If so, I doubt any refund is forthcoming.

Unfortunately you should have asked this question while you were in USA.

If you data works in Canada, then your APN is correct and there is no reason to change it.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@lgillmore wrote:

Hi, 

Thank you,

-Lindsay

@lgillmore You can try to refund it through moderator's help. Click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions. Alternatively, send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.