cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Control "voice mail"

katiatall
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As previously posted - when someone, friend or telemarketer, leaves you a voice mail it counts as voice minutes. The following are the steps one can take in order to control their Voice Mail.

1         Call your voicemail 

589f39ac-fa5c-4341-b1c4-ea951fcbb5cc.default.PNG.png

4 REPLIES 4

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cmatassa   calling voivemail is a form of call forwading.

oficially:

and does not use my minutes?

Uses Minutes

Doesn’t Use Minutes

• Making a call
  • Answering a call
  • Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages
  • Using call forwarding
  • Calling *611 (the IVR)
  • Making or receiving calls from 911
  • Using calling apps when connected to Wifi

but this is an interesting observation:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Plan-updates-new-10-limited-talk-and-te...

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo are you saying that if you call your voicemail from another phoneline (say your landline) it will still count towards your Public Mobile minutes?

I would expect that if you call from your landline or from a friend's phone it will count towards THEIR minutes or your landline's minutes, not you PM minutes.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cmatassa  from what i recall from the discussions (unless things have changed)  any call to your voicemail will count as minutes used no matter what device you all from.  

cmatassa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For some reason I can't see the image you posted.

But yes, calling voicemail from your phone will count as minutes.  Alternatively, you can call in from a landline or a friend's phone, just call your PM phone number and once you hear your outbound message, press the "*" key.

Need Help? Let's chat.