cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up data on my iPhone 7?

clinton97
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot connect to wifi or data on my iphone 7?

14 REPLIES 14

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GinYVR wrote:
@Lisaawu for newer phones like a 7.. unlockit will not work. It is all downloaded from the carrier direct now.

For non supported iPhone carriers around the world the unlock.nz will work 

chukdefatey

@Lisawu wrote:

Ensure your phone APN’s settings are set to the following

• Make sure your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network and can access the Internet
  • From the browser of your iPhone, go to www.unlockit.co.nz
  • After the page loads, you will see a set of 4 icons on the bottom of the browser, select Create APN
  • On this page you will select Country and Carrier. For Country, select Canada. For Carrier, select Public Mobile.
  • Insure you have Country set to Canada, and Carrier set to Public Mobile. Select the button that says Create APN.
  • This will now prompt your iPhone to Install a new Profile. Select Install on the top right. You will be prompted to enter your iPhone’s Passcode. You may be presented with a Warning. The network traffic is not filtered or monitored. If you would like to continue, press Install on the top right.
  • You will be prompted to press Install again.
  • Once complete, the screen will indicate the Profile Installed, and you can press Done on the top right.

This information is not correct for Canadian supported iPhone Carriers with newer iPhones 5 & up. Data will Auto Function if it doesn't you just need to reset network settings on your iPhone . That's it.  

@Lisaawu for newer phones like a 7.. unlockit will not work. It is all downloaded from the carrier direct now.

Lisawu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ensure your phone APN’s settings are set to the following

• Make sure your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network and can access the Internet
  • From the browser of your iPhone, go to www.unlockit.co.nz
  • After the page loads, you will see a set of 4 icons on the bottom of the browser, select Create APN
  • On this page you will select Country and Carrier. For Country, select Canada. For Carrier, select Public Mobile.
  • Insure you have Country set to Canada, and Carrier set to Public Mobile. Select the button that says Create APN.
  • This will now prompt your iPhone to Install a new Profile. Select Install on the top right. You will be prompted to enter your iPhone’s Passcode. You may be presented with a Warning. The network traffic is not filtered or monitored. If you would like to continue, press Install on the top right.
  • You will be prompted to press Install again.
  • Once complete, the screen will indicate the Profile Installed, and you can press Done on the top right.

clinton97

I have tried in all the settings and nothing.

clinton97

I have done both and neither worked. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@clinton97 wrote:

Wifi is on and it won't find any network. I can't even add my home wifi.

Is your home wifi a hidden name?

Settings/Wi-Fi slide on. Other/name of wifi/whatever security/password/Join

What results in doing all this?

Dunkgirl

You might want to try a network settings reset, or a factory reset if your phone does not even search for networks.

clinton97

Wifi is on and it won't find any network. I can't even add my home wifi.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@clinton97 wrote:

Any phone does that but mine.

Seriously? Your phone can't connect to any non-cell-data home or hotel or coffee shop wifi?

Are you new to iPhone's?

Cell data...This is an incredible iphone reference.

Dunkgirl

@clinton97 wrote:

I'm looking for info for public mobile ex: APN

@clinton97  I gave you the APN link in the first post. Let me know if there is a problem with it.

@Dunkgirl wrote:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/apple-iphone-6

clinton97

I know how to do that already HA HA. Any phone does that but mine. Im looking for more programming info. It doesn't let me connect to any network and it won't even search for networks. I'm looking for info for public mobile ex: APN

Anonymous
Not applicable

@clinton97 wrote:

I cannot connect to wifi or data on my iphone 6?

So clinton97 walks into a coffee shop. Whips out his iPhone 6. Goes into the settings to turn on wifi. It finds the coffee shop wifi and opens the likely connect page and clinton97 touches connect.

This doesn't work for you?

Dunkgirl

@clinton97 wrote:

I cannot connect to wifi or data on my iphone 6?

@clinton97 

Does your text work? What about calling? Do you have a data plan? For mobile data- As long as you have paid for a data on an active account  and have data left, please read the following links below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/No-Data-on-iPhone-6-iOS-10/m-p/152835...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/td-p/161...

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/apple-iphone-6

For your wifi do you get an error when trying to connect? Can you give some more details?

Need Help? Let's chat.