cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a refund for my payment ??

1scarface
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey guys.
I'd like to know how do I get a refund for a 30days plan that my wife signed up to.
The service was good for 2 days and then it got cancelled/deactivated for some reason and nobody seems to know why.
In my wife's Self-serve account the service is marked as Active but the the service is not working on her phone or any other phone I tried.
It's been 4 days already(today Monday included) and no Mods can tell me why the service is disabled and how to fix it.
Do I talk to one of the Mods for a refund or do I open a Chargeback with the credit card company ?
Thanks a lot.
PS: I also switched to PM a few days before my wife, but as soon as the rewards funds are all used up, I'll prolly find another provider....I really don't plan on possibly going through this crap myself.

9 REPLIES 9

1scarface
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@RobertQc, I have my phone with PM too and I have no problem with that, but this is my wife's line and she used it for 2 days and then the service got disabled for no apparent reason.
@AnonymousI'll try that one too, thanks for the input

@will13amI already messaged the Mods_team and they said everithing seems to be OK on their end but I don't understand why the service come up as Dissabled when I put my wife's SIM card in my phone(the same phone I'm using with my PM SIM card)

@kav2001cthe account shows Active in the Self-serve and when I put the SIM card in my phone, it displays "Service disabled"...the same phone I'm using with PM atm.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@1scarface 

The account is neither disabled / cancelled / stolen

If it was you (or mods) would be able to view in self serve (or in case of cancelled, self serve would not let you log in)

What exactly is the SIM doing / not doing?

In general prepaid service is non refundable

@1scarface wrote:

Hey guys.
I'd like to know how do I get a refund for a 30days plan that my wife signed up to.
The service was good for 2 days and then it got cancelled/deactivated for some reason and nobody seems to know why.
In my wife's Self-serve account the service is marked as Active but the the service is not working on her phone or any other phone I tried.
It's been 4 days already(today Monday included) and no Mods can tell me why the service is disabled and how to fix it.
Do I talk to one of the Mods for a refund or do I open a Chargeback with the credit card company ?
Thanks a lot.
PS: I also switched to PM a few days before my wife, but as soon as the rewards funds are all used up, I'll prolly find another provider....I really don't plan on possibly going through this crap myself.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

With the recent increase in bench strength, I find it hard to believe that moderator team response is more than 4 days.  @1scarface , have anyone responded to your private message yet?  Perhaps try sending another one.  Just to make sure you are sending it to the right party, the moderator team can be reached using this link

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@1scarface There may be a problem with the SIM card, if you bought it in store try getting them to exchange it for you. If you do get a new SIM you will need to update your account with the new SIM number before it will work.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@1scarface , hope you can get the refund!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo wrote:

the only other thing possibly to try on the user end is trying the lost/stolen mode.   acts like a soft account reset.

The OP had another thread a few days ago where he said he tried that to no avail.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

the only other thing possibly to try on the user end is trying the lost/stolen mode.   acts like a soft account reset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@1scarface 

An obscure but remotely possible fix, and one you're probably not in any mood to do, is to manually add another $1 into your wifes self-serve account. With that SIM in her phone - restart it.

This has been known to get some things going.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

It's really up to you if you want to do a chargeback or not, but no one besides the mods can help you get a refund.

Your experience is uncommon, sorry you have had it.

For myself and many others service is good.

Need Help? Let's chat.