cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Unable to make calls!

Dan-Sweeney
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys,

Ported my number over to public mobile this morning and everything worked fine right off the bat. No trouble sending/receiving calls or texts and connected to the mobile network right away. Then all of a sudden this afternoon I can no longer dial out a call, I keep getting a call failed notification. Any help is appreciated. 

Dan

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Dan-Sweeney I'm glad things are working for you now 🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Dan-Sweeney

Thanks for your reply,l. I have been in touch a moderator who has been a great help, but unless they have done something behind the scenes my issue seems to have sorted itself out. Go figure

Dan-Sweeney

I did have LTE enabled even though  my plan is only for 3G, but disabling LTE didn't seem to solve the problem either. Strangely enough though it seems to have sorted itself out, and I am able to make calls again. Thanks for your help

srlawren

@twest666wrote:

Is your phone dropping down to 3G/HSPA when making calls? If not may be a setting issue. 

@Dan-Sweeney this is a good point raised by @twest666.  Is it possible you have your Preferred Network Type setting set to 4G/LTE only?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

twest666
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is your phone dropping down to 3G/HSPA when making calls? If not may be a setting issue. 

srlawren

@Dan-Sweeney if you haven't already, it wouldn't hurt to try a reboot of your phone to see if that resolves it.  Then reach out to the moderators as @Acekiller suggested if it does not.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

you will need the mod to assist you on this.

Sending a message to the mod teams:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In your message include:
- account email address
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread
- if its a porting issue include your sim number, old account name and account number

Need Help? Let's chat.