cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Pretty please.

Tomuchwork
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've enjoyed PM for the last 6 months or so, but alas it is time to leave. I am going to be porting out soon. But for the life of my I can not remember what the 4 digit pin I don't remeber choosing even is. My new carrier needs that for the port.

I looked in self serve to figure out how to reset it and see no option. 

I really need some help here please.

Thanks so much!

7 REPLIES 7

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, do tell us the plan, carrier and what province you're in when you get a chance. 

jtm02

@Tomuchwork Just curious, who are you porting out to?

@Tomuchwork call time restrictions?

You need one of account number, pin, or imei to complete the port

Usually account number is easiest

Tomuchwork

just a better plan, and the fact that I am growing tired of the call time restrictions 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Usually account number is enough to port out. But if you need the pin, see below. 

When you set a pin during the activation process, you get a text once you successfully activate the sim. So, check your text history. PIN is also saved under SIM card messages. If no luck, then go to your sms app settings and go to SIM card Messages. If still no luck then, you can send a private message to the Moderator_Team and they will tell you your pin. 

Can we know the reason you are leaving PM?

Tomuchwork

Are you sure? I don't really want any hiccups...

@Tomuchwork wrote:

I've enjoyed PM for the last 6 months or so, but alas it is time to leave. I am going to be porting out soon. But for the life of my I can not remember what the 4 digit pin I don't remeber choosing even is. My new carrier needs that for the port.

I looked in self serve to figure out how to reset it and see no option. 

I really need some help here please.

Thanks so much!

Based on number portability requirements, you do not need your old carrier's account PIN.  You only need one piece of information for account verification.  Your Public Mobile account number alone will be just fine for porting to any carrier.  In fact, believe it or not, providing more information such as account PIN increases your chance of number transfer failure.

Need Help? Let's chat.