cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting new e-sim

Mitt5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I go about getting a new e-sim QR code? The chatbot was no help in directing me to an agent. It prompts me to DM @CS_Agent but it says no such user exists. 😕

12 REPLIES 12

@maximum_gato 

Yes you are correct in saying that the OP require to purchase a new eSIM.

IMG_0146.png

@Mitt5 wrote:

I installed my PM service using the original QR code I was emailed. I removed the e-sim from my phone and now want to reinstall PM onto my phone but I can't use the same QR code I was originally sent. 

@Mitt5 , if you deleted the eSIM from your phone you would need to do the steps below to purchase another one.

• In the Public Mobile app on your Phone go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page in your account to purchase an eSIM. Scroll down & selected ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’,

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 

Yes it seems honest mistakes make no difference it's one free esim period.

@maximum_gato 

I agree but does that also apply on the original phone the QR code was downloaded and deleted by mistake?

I can see you need to purchase a new QR code on another phone.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27 

I'm all for asking for a credit in most situations but unfortunately there is very little hope on getting a second esim for free when deleted by the customer. I haven't heard of a successful appeal yet?

@Mitt5 

No if you delete it…You can’t reuse it.

Contact a CS_Agent by private messaging at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Explain what happened.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Mitt5 

If you deleted the original esim you have to repurchase via the pm app for $5.

Mitt5

I installed my PM service using the original QR code I was emailed. I removed the e-sim from my phone and now want to reinstall PM onto my phone but I can't use the same QR code I was originally sent. 

@Mitt5 

Deleted service?

Did you delete the QR code? Or no service?

Mitt5

Sorry - should have said I can't use the same QR code twice. 

Mitt5

I used the original e-sim in my activation but deleted the service from my phone and want to reinstall. I can't use the same e-sim a second time. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mitt5 

If you purchased an eSIM on the PM app…you will get the eSIM QR code on a eSIM compatible phone and also the code will be emailed to the registered email address.

If the phone is not eSIM compatible then it can’t be download.

Need Help? Let's chat.