cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Error when checking availability of number for porting

jeeva86
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've registered with a new number and now I want to port, but when I enter my number and click on check availability, the site crashes with:

Generic Error

Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.

Log out and then log back in again to continue. Or return to the Login Page.

I see a confirm button at the bottom on the check availability page, but I don't want to try to port and have it fail in some weird state.
9 REPLIES 9

kotoula
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok well I signed in again with firefox browser and was able to port successfully, at least according to the final message that informed me that my port was successful. Now I wait lol. I realize this could take 24/48 hours to finally complete, so I will send another update when that happens. @Shazia_K hopefully there won't be any other issues *fingers crossed*

kotoula

Thanks Rockdaddy22, I think I need to tag a mod to get help with this too. I don't see the point in creating a new thread about this issue, when this one is still going. I'm hoping @Shazia_K can help me. My number with wind is active, paid up, and able to port. It seems to be an issue with PM's website. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I'm sorry I'm going to bed but I'll tag @Luddite to see if he has any tips.

kotoula

I should add that I have tried this on 3 different browsers on a desktop computer. Firefox, IE and Chrome. Same error on all 3 of them, so it's not the browser. 

kotoula

I'm having this same issue. I type in the 10 digit wind phone number I want to port to PM and it can't get past the 'check eligibility' stage, it just errors out with the 'Generic Error' described above. I really need to port today or tmrw to avoid being billed for another month with Wind, help!

MaxPayne79

yeah i'm trying to port my Chatr number over and it's giving me Generic Error at the Checking Availability page. This is the first time it's giving me this error now that i'm ready to port whereas before when checking my Chatr number this page worked fine but i wasn't ready. what's going on? 

jeeva86

thanks cheeseburger!

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you using Chrome? I got that same red "you need to be authorized" -- even after unchecking and re-checking the box.

I didn't have that issue using Firefox.

jeeva86

The confirm button fails with - you need to be authorized. So I'm guessing that confirm button isn't valid until I enter other details that would come up after checking availability.

Need Help? Let's chat.