cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend referral

Lteguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi folks,

I referred my friend to public mobile a few days ago at the public mobile store and we gave the clerk my referral number.

When will I get the discount for referral?

thanks

19 REPLIES 19

mking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@cavemantoronto @Lteguy I just read the text again. It actually reads "to complete the transfer process". So I think it meant porting my number rather than referral. Sorry if I mixed it up.

Anyways, contacting the mod was helpful. Apparently they can check which PM number is referring you and all the referral details. So, have the referred friend directly message the mod team. Ask them to fix it if a wrong referral code was put in during registration. 

@mking

Why does the text say to restart phone to complete referral process?  I've referred friends and the message doesn't say that.

mking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Lteguy  I'm guessing if your friend gave the clerk the right referral code and it went through, you may see your referral credit next week. Actually I'm new to PM, but I used my friend's referral code to switch to PM last weekend. When I put the sim card in, I got a text from PM telling me I got $2 autopay credit but $0 referral credit. That made me anxious! I was still at the store and the clerk was sure she put in the right referral code for me because there was a green check mark. My friend got a text telling him that his referral was successful (or something like that). But I still didn't see any credit on my PM account. So I tried the chatbot, which in the end led me to talk to a mod, Alex, who was very helpful.  (And the chatbot indicated that only the referred person can submit a ticket. So you will need to ask your friend to do it.) Alex checked my referral record and confirmed that my referral went through, but told me that it would take max 72 hours for me to get the referral credit. The next day, ie. within 24 hours, I got the $10 credited to my account. The friend who referred me told me that he would probably see his referral credit at the first week of June because that's when PM credits rewards. 

Lteguy

Well I just wana free monthly phone plan one day. That’s the ultimate goal of mine.

how about u bro?

Lteguy

Finally got the line ported over after the sim activation. 

We wrote my referral code no doubt about it

And submitted a ticket already, I earned this friend referral with the self serve thread and whatnot. I want my discount now lol

@kselmak that is annoying, they disnt even second guess me lol they just asked whats her PIN lol

@Naepalm 

Yeah probably that's why

I opened an account for my niece, I did everything before she even came here and it's my credit card that's on the file, my address too as she lives with me. When she had an issue they still didn't want to talk to me, it had to be her. It was really frustrating as she's one of those eye rollers and just won't do what you tell her. It took four times longer. 

@kselmak when I refered my wife I didnt get it right away and they asked me what her info was and I was able to get them to look into it. But that could be because I was able to verify her account. lol

@Naepalm 

I know for a fact that they will absolutely not talk to op about it, only to the person who was referred. If it was a mistake it can be fixed.

@Lteguy not sure what clerk you went to but you should have had your referral before he got his. Although it is possible there was a glitch. I have a bad feeling though the clerk used their own referral. 

Contact the Mods explain to them and they should be able to clear this up. 

@Lteguy  the clerk entered the wrong code. You should have gotten it when your friend activated the SIM.

@Lteguy wrote:

Should it have been applied already his phone is already on public mobile network?? And I think he got the $10 dollar credit.  

what happened to my bonus?

If he used YOUR referral number and he has his $10...you will eventually get the $1 Refer-a-Friend Reward applied to your account at your subsequent renewals for as long as he stays with PM.

Btw what is an lteguy like you doing in the 3g place like this?

@Lteguy you should have gotten a text from 611 saying you received it. 

In the overview page, you should see under rewards on the left-hand side as well. 

Contact the moderators here type rewards not received and explain to them what happened. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Lteguy

Should it have been applied already his phone is already on public mobile network?? And I think he got the $10 dollar credit.  

what happened to my bonus?

@Lteguy 

Your friend should take your code again and contact moderators about it

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

They can fix it but your friend (not you) must do it

Lteguy

It isn’t showing my buddy’s number?

did my code even work?

@Lteguy congrats on the referral. Go here and click on the arrow to see the last 4 digits of the number .

20200512_193955.jpg

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Lteguy wrote:

Hi folks,

I referred my friend to public mobile a few days ago at the public mobile store and we gave the clerk my referral number.

When will I get the discount for referral?

thanks

If everything worked, you should have received notification of the new account by now. Log into My Account / My Rewards to see if it's been applied yet.

Need Help? Let's chat.