cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot answer to security question

LAIZHIHUI
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to cancel my Public Mobile service but I forgot my login password and also can’t get the answer to the security question. I have tried the alternate retrieval method (last 4 digits on card number, last billing amount etc.) and sent it for review, but it has been a week and I just got billed again for December because of auto-pay. How can I cancel my plan with PM? Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LovesToPM wrote:

Hi @Anonymous 

Are you sure you need the PIN if you call 611 from your PM phone?

@LovesToPM : To toggle autopay yes. You need the PIN for almost everything you can do in 611 except redeeming vouchers and balance and due date.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LAIZHIHUI wrote:

I am trying to cancel my Public Mobile service but I forgot my login password and also can’t get the answer to the security question. I have tried the alternate retrieval method (last 4 digits on card number, last billing amount etc.) and sent it for review, but it has been a week and I just got billed again for December because of auto-pay. How can I cancel my plan with PM? Thanks in advance!

Where did you sent your request?

You can create another support ticket and wait for couple of hours to 2 days.

1.  If you do not remember the answer to your security question, Create a moderator support ticket for help using https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.  Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - Use "forget password and answer to security question".

To verify you are the owner of your account, use your account PIN #.  If you forgot your PIN#, provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount
- voicemail issue

2.  If you don't need your phone number to be ported to another provider, you can call your cc company to report your cc lost and ask them to send you a replacement card in about 10 business days.  Without payment on your next renewal, your account will be suspended. 90 days after suspension, your account will be canceled.

Hi @Anonymous 

Are you sure you need the PIN if you call 611 from your PM phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LAIZHIHUI : Using 611 will need your 4 digit PIN. If you've forgotten everything then you likely forgot it too 🙂

Another option is to port your number to another provider. The system is _supposed_ to stop all business with you but there have been the odd reports of the system continuing to charge.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @LAIZHIHUI 

You can dial 611 to disable autopay on your account.

As long as there are insufficient funds in your account, your plan will not auto renew.

Need Help? Let's chat.