cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate texts

atorrin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am receiving duplicate text messages from multiple people and it sounds like they are receiving them from me as well. I am not sure where to start to figure out what is causing this but would like to solve it as I'm sure it is annoying everyone I know.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8

@atorrin wrote:

Okay, I just cleared the cache. I will try to find out the time of one of the duplicate texts that I can check. The phone was rebooted in the last day or two. It's been doing this for at least a week. I wish it was a consistent problem, then I would know if it was fixed.

@atorrin

For Android devices, clear the app cache and data of the Messaging app.

If problems continue, delete all messages and all message threads. You can back these up beforehand using apps from the app store if you wish.

If text messages continue to duplicate, contact support to look into resetting your sms service and check for account level issues.

atorrin

Okay, I just cleared the cache. I will try to find out the time of one of the duplicate texts that I can check. The phone was rebooted in the last day or two. It's been doing this for at least a week. I wish it was a consistent problem, then I would know if it was fixed.

atorrin

Looks like it's sitting around two bars, not sure if that is low.

@atorrin wrote:

From what I can see there are no records of duplicate texts being sent. I should have mentioned though it is not consistently happening every time. Also, the other thing I am noticing is the outgoing texts "hang" for about 30 seconds before they go out and it just says "Sending."

I just sent one to myself but did not get a duplicate.

@atorrinWhen this happens how is your network signal on your phone? Look at the top, do you have signal bars or is it low signal?

Ask your friend to give you an exact date and time for what message they got duplicates for and check that time in usage history.

Clear your cache from your messenger app. When is the last time you rebooted your phone?

atorrin

From what I can see there are no records of duplicate texts being sent. I should have mentioned though it is not consistently happening every time. Also, the other thing I am noticing is the outgoing texts "hang" for about 30 seconds before they go out and it just says "Sending."

I just sent one to myself but did not get a duplicate.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@atorrin wrote:

Hello,

I am receiving duplicate text messages from multiple people and it sounds like they are receiving them from me as well. I am not sure where to start to figure out what is causing this but would like to solve it as I'm sure it is annoying everyone I know.

Thank you

@atorrinDo you have another phone to see if this still happens? Take the sim out, put it in another phone. Download a free texting app. (Textnow is one) text yourself from the free app, then text the  free app with your pm number. Does the same thing happen?

Go to self serve, usage history and see if there are multiple records of the text being sent.

If you text yourself, do you get your own duplicates?

atorrin

No, I have a Moto E4 using the stock Android messaging app.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

iPhone?

Need Help? Let's chat.