cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped calls (Ottawa)

ammdas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I've been with PM for about 5 months now without any issues except today.  I've been experiencing dropped calls all day.  

Some calls last 15 mins, but others are dropped after 2-3 mins.  I'm in Ottawa and I've tried called different people, in Ottawa and Toronto and I've experienced it every time.  I have a Samsung S5 that's about 2 years old, so I really don't think it's the phone.

I've tried rebooting the phone, but that doesn't solve the issue.  Also, I'm not using any earbuds or headsets so that's not it either.

I'd appreciate any ideas or suggestions as this is really starting to be a problem.

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11

ammdas

Will do, thanks.

@ammdas Mary_M has retired.. you might want to contact the Moderators about your concerns instead.

Use this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ammdas

Hi Mary.

My phone was working fine, but I just had two dropped calls.  One around 7pm, the other around 8pm.  Both calls lasted around 55 mins.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @ammdas

Yes, that would be great. Please keep me informed via private message and we will take necessary action if needed.

Have a great day 🙂

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

ammdas

I've made a couple of calls.  The first one disconnected after 20 mins but the second went over 40 mins before I ended the call.

I'll keep trying and can let you know how it goes by the end of the day.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @ammdas

I had sent you a private message yesterday, and you happen you to be in an "Area of Concern". This means that there were issues with a nearby cell tower , causing service disruptions. I have just checked and it appears as though you are still in an AOC, can you confirm if your calls are still getting dropped?

Thank you 🙂

We shall await for a response @Martin 

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @ammdas,

I hope that your problem is resolved without undue delay.

Though easier said than done, hang in there!

ammdas

Hi,

I sent the PM yesterday.

Also, not sure if this helps but the calls I made were to both landlines and cells which were on different networks, Rogers and Bell.

Thanks.

Thank you for responding so fast (despite the good weather over there today), @Mary_M! 🙂

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @ammdas

I hope you are enjoying your day so far!

I am very sorry to hear about your dropped calls; I understand how frustrating it can be but rest assured that I will look into it. 

Can you please send me your phone number via private message?

Looking forward to it! 

Thank you for thinking of me @7789849803 🙂

Mayor / Maire

@ammdas This sounds like a good case for further troubleshooting by our community moderator @Mary_M. Please wait for her response.

Need Help? Let's chat.