cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different amounts billed to CC every month

nicole_davis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm relatively new to Public, but have been reasonably happy with most things so far. I do struggle with the inability to get an actual bill (via web or PDF), as I expense my phone...but that's mangeable. However, I just logged in to do some banking and expenses and noticed that I've been billed slightly different amounts by Public for the last 3 months on my credit card. I have zero explanation for this. My plan and rewards have not changed, and I don't see any data/roaming overages listed. Can someone reach out to me to try and explain this? (differences of $4.52 and $2.26 between the last 3 months)

Thanks,

Nicole

10 REPLIES 10

Psalm119

I have a $2.26 charge on my card yesterday before my subscription even kicked in (it was supposed to go active on February 9, 2024). I expected it to remain a pending charge and eventually reverse, but it was posted today.

Do you know why I was charged this random amount?

Also, how do I go back to paying with vouchers? I have $100.00 left on my account and would like to go back to voucher payment only.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@nicole_davis search the public lab.and bravo the ideas you like

nicole_davis

@mimmo- is there an "official" way to submit or upvote feature requests, that you're aware of?

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it is one of the things you expect to have but doesn't exist in PM.

mimmo

@nicole_davis  it has been, and unfortunately will be, a very long wait to get any changes done especially "non critical ones".    on the other hand the more people that ask for something the more PM might see the need to  adress the issue.

So if you do "need" a receipt i would go ahead and ask  for it.  details can be found here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Invoice-Request/m-p/174070#M52476

nicole_davis

Thanks. I was aware of that, but as the person above mentioned, it's a request you have to make every time and it's slow to arrive. I'll just wait and be hopeful that someone will improve the self service/billing features 🙂

closng

Haha, no worries. Yes, a formal invoice/receipt would have helped but that's another story 🙂

If you want a statement of some sort, I believe the Moderators might be able to provide something more formal for expense reimbursements.

To send them a message, click on the below link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mimmo

You can ask to get emailed an invoice, but you would need to do it every 30 days. And it takes 14-30 days to arrive.

nicole_davis

Ah! You're a genius, thanks! I was pretty confused. I'll second my statement/request about having a PDF bill summary available...that may have saved you the 5 minutes you took out of your day to answer me 🙂

Thanks again!

closng

Hi @nicole_davis,

Assuming you are on a 30 day plan, this could explain why you've been seeing different charges for the first 3 months, using $30 as an example of your monthly fee:

Month 1 = plan cost = $30 = $30 + tax

Month 2 = plan cost - autopay credit carried forward from month 1 - autopay credit for month 2 = $30 - 2 - 2 = $26 + tax

Month 3 = plan cost - autopay credit for month 3 = $30 - 2 = $28 + tax

Month 4 = plan cost - autopay credit for month 3 = $30 - 2 = $28 + tax

With that said, month 3 and going forward, you should have a consistent charge for your service.

Hope the above helps explains what you're experiencing.

Need Help? Let's chat.