cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in self serve password reset email

Distilled84
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to reset my self serve password, request a reset email but it doesn't show up for several hours. By the time the email arrives the link is expired and I can't use it to reset my password.

Got an email to reset my community password nearly instantly.

10 REPLIES 10

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dbw1963: Please edit your post and remove the personal information, this forum is public.

You'll need to contact the moderators via PRIVATE message by clicking here and providing your email address, phone number and a description of your problem and your password change request. 🙂

dbw1963

My account is topped up. next payment is due Feb28/18, Balance owing is $0.00

money is sitting in account yet when i try to use my phone i am told my plan does not include long distance and text messaging.  

My Plan
 This plan includes: -
  • - 1GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

$42 per 30 Days

I would also like to reset my password yet the delay in recieving a password reset email is brutal.  Is this site always broken?

Frustrated public mobile user

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks @NDesai,  since you are in contact with the higher ups...

I know Brooke_c is Jeremy's replacement, and as stated in his departure letter, her role is evolving.  Have her duties/roles been identified?  I was hoping to see some sort of hey this is me Iannouncement and this is what i will be doing,  and these are my plans/ vision for the community.

@mimmo wrote:

Thanks @NDesai , 

I am assuming we can use the same generic answer for every other system/portal bug like credit card failure,renewal issues, bad activations,  the list goes on and on...

Can't agree more with @Distilled84  for an online only system it is truely unacceptable to have these issues for so long.  On the bright side it keeps the community busy as most of the solutions can be summed up in " it is account related issue contact mods directly by clicking here. include a, b, and c..  

An actual statement from @Brooke_C or @Dave_M regarding the long standing bugs/ issues and a proper eta would be nice/  Or simply say " sorry it will cost too much to fix, we will live with it" which is really what it seems like they are saying.

Yes, online only system should be somewhat close to being perfect in terms of thing we do online on self-serve. We have tried stating this many times before and sadly, it got nowhere. 

We would also love to get promptly updates (good or bad) and more features/fixes, but all we can do is try asking for it. 

I am just waiting for this year to end and hoping the next one will be much better.  

mimmo

Thanks @NDesai , 

I am assuming we can use the same generic answer for every other system/portal bug like credit card failure,renewal issues, bad activations,  the list goes on and on...

Can't agree more with @Distilled84  for an online only system it is truely unacceptable to have these issues for so long.  On the bright side it keeps the community busy as most of the solutions can be summed up in " it is account related issue contact mods directly by clicking here. include a, b, and c..  

An actual statement from @Brooke_C or @Dave_M regarding the long standing bugs/ issues and a proper eta would be nice/  Or simply say " sorry it will cost too much to fix, we will live with it" which is really what it seems like they are saying.

@NDesai wrote:

@mimmo@  wrote:

@Brooke_C any updates you can share on this longstanding issue will be fixed?

Thanks

We were told its under progress and once again, no exact ETA. 

@mimmo@  wrote:

Thanks

We were told its under progress and once again, no exact ETA. 

Taekgun

We are all shaking our heads at this one.  A fix is long overdue.  However, the mods are great and will reply to your msg first thing in the morning and get you sorted.

Distilled84

Thanks for the info. I messaged the mod team, hopefully they can resolve this quickly for me.

It is absolutely unacceptable that an online only service provider could have a long standing issue with password resets. I'm in disbelief!

mimmo

Thanks

Taekgun

Sorry to hear your having an issue. The password reset button function has not been working correctly for sometime now. In order to have your password reset you will need the assistance of the moderators. Use this link: @CS_Agent, provide them with your name, account number and a brief explanation of your issue and they will be able to manually reset your password for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.