cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data

Xiangguiqiang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have purchased an extra 4G data on top of my regular monthly plan this month. The last 2G data I purchased on Nov 9, 2020, last night I received a piece of information which said I have used up 75% of my data. I did not use that much during these a few days. Would you please tell me what happen? Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Xiangguiqiang 

I can understand your frustration with this. I’ve noticed this a while back and it’s possible your Wi-Fi Assist setting is enabled which means data is used even when your connected to a Wi-Fi network. I’ll provide a link for you so you can disable it if you want.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT205296

@Xiangguiqiang 

Click change plan then pick a new plan.

You have two options.

1= Change now - (It will say top up now if you don't have funds to cover new plan).

Not advised to pick this one.You are charged right away for new plan and no refund on unused days from old plan. 

2= Change at next renewal. The choice most want to pick. Your new plan you pick will be scheduled to start at your next payment due date and you will be charged then for the plan

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

Xiangguiqiang

Can you tell me how to switch the plan online? Thanks

Best guess.

data limit is 4490.236.       Total purchase. 

Used data :1296.726.        Minus used from purchase

Remain data is :3193.511. Equals left to use 

The above does not appear to have come from My Account.  

Where did this information come from and where did your 75% “piece of information” message come from?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Xiangguiqiang 

PM does not send out add-on usage warning message.

Did you have a plan change or renew your plan early?

You may still have used plan data.  As suggested by other members, check your usage on your overview page.

For your future data need, It may be cheaper to do a plan change instead of purchasing large amount of add-on data. 

4GB data add-on costs your 4x$15 = $60

You can plan change to the $40 5GB or $45 6.5GB or $50 8.5GB plan immediately online without moderator assistant.  You will have next 30 days to enjoy your new plan. 

Spend less and more data.  Why not!

FYI - Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change. Login to your account. Select the Plan and add-ons tab and click on the Change Plan button.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the ? button at the bottom right corner. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option. This is a good option if you need a small amount of data occasionally. Data add-on does not have expiry date. Unused add-on data will be rolled over to next cycle.

Please note that there is no refund of the unused days of your current billing cycle if (option 2) you renew your plan early with moderator assistant or (option 1) change plan now.

Give us a screen print. Like.  

65703C10-9132-42C3-8630-1AC7D7CFD4A0.jpeg

Xiangguiqiang

I checked :data limit is 4490.236. Used data :1296.726. Remain data is :3193.511. Can you explain to me this information? Thanks

That is if you reset it at the start of your new cycle. 

There are ways to minimize data usage. 

Turn it off all the time and turn on to use

Only allow specific apps to use data

Only allow updates or background refresh over wifi

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Xiangguiqiang , in addition to checking your account as suggested you can also look at the data usage registered on your phone.  Depending on your device, there is plenty of granular data on total data usage and per app data usage.  Often big data usage comes from sync functions.  

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Xiangguiqiang wrote:

I have purchased an extra 4G data on top of my regular monthly plan this month. The last 2G data I purchased on Nov 9, 2020, last night I received a piece of information which said I have used up 75% of my data. I did not use that much during these a few days. Would you please tell me what happen? Thanks

Check your My Account.  While I am not sure but the 75% may apply to a specific add on and not from the FULL amount you have purchased. 

Please let let us know of your findings. 

Need Help? Let's chat.