cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

Mims
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help! Why does my data usage record from Public Mobile not correspond with what my phone usage tells me? My phone cycle usage is set from the 1st till the end of the month.  Atm P.M. told me I have no data left but my phone tells me otherwise?? Phone says I have used 638MB.  How do I change things so that this  is not happening?

8 REPLIES 8

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Mims best way to keep track of this us zero your counter at the begining of your cycle. Most phones track via month to month. You need to have it set to every 30 days or manually zero it when your new 30 day cycle starts.

cheers

Thanks for this @will13am , that sounds like a useful tool!

🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mims , if you are using an android phone, install datawitness PM.  It is a free app for Public Mobile customers.  The app was designed to work with Public Mobile 30/90 day plans.  

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Mims also take note that everything at pm is done on Eastern Standard Time.

ie. your plan and data reset at:

• 12:00am et aug.11
  • 9:00pm pt aug.10

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Mims the start date on your phone's data usage needs to be the same as your plan's start date in order to do the comparison.

Public's data counter is pretty accurate.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Mims You self-service account always displays the correct data usage number. Stick to it. Your phone numbers may be different because of unique PM's 30 day cycle in stead of traditional monthly schedule. My device has the same problem, but it is normal, don't worry.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Mims firstly the billing cycle at PM is not monthly, is it every 30 days so the phone counter and what your cycle say, may not jive. Secondly, sign into your self serve account and check your usage there to see when and where it all went. If there is still a discrepancy you will have to open a ticket to the moderators through Simon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mims 

Because the data counter resets on your 30 day renewal day. Not not any even month let alone the beginning of the month.

Edit: if your phone can't do 30 days then you would need to reset your phone counter to the day the plan renews.

Need Help? Let's chat.