cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Prw990
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am not able to get data working yet.  I have manually entered APN settings.  Phone is an Asus zenphone max plus.  Done a network reset.  Data Works on secondary bell sim.  Still does not work with bell sim removed.   Tried sim in both slot 1 and 2.  Data is on with roaming enabled.  Plan includes data.  Phone says is compatible when search s/n and imei.

hope I’m just missing something

thanks

37 REPLIES 37

Prw990

Hello all and thanks for all the suggestions,  it appears it was a issue on the activation side.  I have not heard what the issue actually was.  I did have to enter in manually the apn settings for the asus phone but all is now well.  

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Prw990 wrote:

Yes dual sim,  I took other sim out and put PM sim in slot 1 to no avail

I found an older thread where the customer used FF in the MVNO value. Same phone (not submodel). Unfortunately they didn't provide any of the other settings. And the username doesn't seem to exist anymore.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Prw990 wrote:

thanks

Wow. Sounds like your only option now is to reset the phone to factory settings, insert the PM SIM and start from the beginning.

Prw990

thanks

@Prw990, I'm really late to this thread.  I believe you said your Bell sim was working for data, and when it was taken out, the data no longer worked.

Is your phone a dual sim phone?  If so, put the PM Sim in the slot your Bell sim was in.

Some dual sim phones do not have access on both slots to all the frequencies.

@Anonymous wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Why is the name public mobile 2

Do you have another APN configured?

Does the name matter?

@AnonymousNo it shouldn't. I only ask about the name if his phone already had PublicMobile and he tried to create another one called PublicMobile maybe it said "Name is already in use" so he typed in PublicMobile2. Commonly when you use a 2, it means there is already another one setup or it did not allow him to create it (uncommon software glitch possibility reasons). Just wanted to check to make sure there was no specific reason.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertQc wrote:

Does the name matter?

dun is one of many options that work for one phone or another for data and the options like MMS, hotspot and simple internet. And nor is it the only option for any or all of those.

I think I've even seen just default or yet another...blank (not the word).

Prw990

Will try,  that was a late add on based on suggestion

Prw990

Sorry no other apn 

Prw990

Name matched suggestion on link when searched zenphone

@Prw990  try also removing ",dun" from your apn type

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Prw990 wrote:

If photo quality is too poor I can retry 

No that's ok. Rotation would've been nice.:) For future reference you can also capture screen images on the phone itself rather than taking pictures of your phone.

Prw990

Have tried caps as well,  just changed but no luck

Prw990

I have not yet was hoping to avoid but that might be next

@Prw990  Not sure if it matters, but your MVNO is not in capital letters

4D4F instead of 4d4f reboot phone

no luck?

Then try changing MNVO to 50 reboot phone

no luck?

Then try changing it to MVNO type to "None", and leave the MVNO value blank. reboot phone

See if that does anything

Prw990

If photo quality is too poor I can retry 

@Prw990  Have you tried a hard reset on your phone?

Prw990

5A031696-D98F-4CF0-AF53-98AB976EB4FD.jpegDC444B74-893C-4319-9DB8-7A678D047153.jpeg73929742-804E-4F1D-81F6-B9A9E0A1057F.jpegA1E99E8C-C09B-4EC3-90C1-D31F537DB9BF.jpeg

apologies for for the bad photos, this is latest try at apn settings,  yes I can reset network.  I have a couple times, yes I can delete current apn and set new one.  I have earlier but will try again

cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Prw990 wrote:

Tried the lost stolen function with no luck.  Turned roaming off as well no change

Can you post screenshots of all your APN screens? Also, can you delete the current APN? Can you Add a new different APN?

Prw990

Tried the lost stolen function with no luck.  Turned roaming off as well no change

Prw990

No it does not work on that model.  I will check with moderator re account

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Prw990 wrote:

Tried manually selecting network and then Restarted.  No luck

Going back to your original post...you don't need roaming on while in Canada.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Prw990

Tried manually selecting network and then Restarted.  No luck

@Prw990 wrote:

Yes Canadian was my phone with pc mobile.  I could not adjust apn settings but they looked similar.

I can tell you that from personal experience that neither the Bell nor Telus Moto XT1540 need anything done to the APN settings to work at Public Mobile. PC Mobile is simply Bell for prepaid or Telus for postpaid (or was), so that same would apply to you.

If your Public Mobile data is not working in that phone, I'm almost certain that you have an account issue.

Prw990

Joined today,  says  0 of 1024 mb used 

Prw990

Yes Canadian was my phone with pc mobile.  I could not adjust apn settings but they looked similar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Prw990 wrote:

No such luck,  tried in an old moto g 3 with no luck either

Lower down on your overview page under add-ons do you see a data line showing your consumption?

If not, then maybe you've used it all.

Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page with all those things showing. Blank out personal info of course.

@Prw990 wrote:

That's odd. Where did you get your Moto G 3 Gen from?  The Canadian version of this phone doesn't need to have the APN settings touched to work on Public Mobile.

Prw990

Need Help? Let's chat.