cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data issue

kuska2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. I have 1 GB available and used 225 MB so far. But Public Mobile sent me SMS that I used 75 % of my data!

What is going on?

11 REPLIES 11

@Timer  - MMS does not take from the data bucket. Sending pictures via imessage may because it has an option to not use actual MMS. But we don't yet know if the OP is using an iphone.

@kuska2 

maybe you send MMS photo is will taken from your data.

kuska2

When I get to 300 MB, everything shuts off

@kuska2 

can you check it's turn off all apps background.

@kuska2 wrote:

I thought I got the last message they turned my data off at 300 MB

Your data should not turn off if you are showing remaining amounts in your My Account.

Check the settings of your device to see if you have data limits set to either warn you or disable data when you reach certain limits.

The issue with this is your device may not be set up with the same start date as your actual start date of your public mobile account. So best to rule this out.

kuska2

I thought I got the last message they turned my data off at 300 MB

kuska2

Yes... The issue only exists for 2 months... Probably after Public Mobile update

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kuska2 hi sometimes those texts are sent out in error check your self serve and go by what is showing in there 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you check your usage on your account? Or your phone? Click the little circle refresh icon underneath your usage boxes to maybe get some updated numbers.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@kuska2 

call *611 press 3 and you need your 4 digit PIN.

or tried use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Go by whatever your My Account says in this area shown below. This normally most accurate, so you can ignore those messages if it does not match what is remaining.

esjliv_0-1658527480999.png

Need Help? Let's chat.