cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Limits?

Ruggybuggy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What is the most amount of data that you have seen available? What happens when you go over your data limit?  Does it just turn off?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

Ruggybuggy

I thought about buy a extra phone and running two sims but that still would only give me 16 gig total.  My total usage was 150 so its won't be practical.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can always get two sims, which means you get two accounts.  If you have a dual sim phone you should be good.  I doubt that it will be able to handle too many connections if you're thinking of using it as a hot-spot though.  I can only imagine that it will get pretty hot as it tries to feed all that data to other devices.  Not sure if this helps but it may lead to other ideas for you . . .

HeatherHowe

The most that I have seen is 8gb. You can put together your own plan if you like. You will see various options that are available to you. Some even have bonus gb.  There is a 6gb with a 2 gb bonus.  Haven’t seen anything bigger then this.  

Ruggybuggy

In my area all that is available is 3G and the speed is still way faster than my Bell home internet.  It would be awesome if you could get unlimited data from PM but I can't see that happening.

@Ruggybuggy wrote:

I was hoping to stream everything at home with my PM account so I could get off Bell's home internet.  We stream all our TV programs and movies through Bell.  When I checked the data use it was 150 gig on average per month.  My Bell account has unlimited data even though it's only streams at 4 mbps while my PM is capable 50 mbps.  I guess I'll have to keep the home internet on Bell.

The data plans we told you about aren't full LTE and are a throttled LTE we call them LTE Lite and PM calls it 3G.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ruggybuggy wrote:

I was hoping to stream everything at home with my PM account so I could get off Bell's home internet.  We stream all our TV programs and movies through Bell.  When I checked the data use it was 150 gig on average per month.  My Bell account has unlimited data even though it's only streams at 4 mbps while my PM is capable 50 mbps.  I guess I'll have to keep the home internet on Bell.

You should check out some of the 3,Rd party ISPs. Their rates are pretty good vs traditional ISPs.

Ruggybuggy

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You can get 24 GB on a 90 day term for 150$  use it as you wish in that 90 day period and a couple days before it runs out ask mods to renew plan early.  If the data last you 60 days then it works out to be 75$ per 30 days.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Ruggybuggy wrote:

What is the most amount of data that you have seen available? What happens when you go over your data limit?  Does it just turn off?

Thanks

I think 8gb was the biggest I have seen I maybe wrong it didn't interest me so I don't pay attention lol. Yes if you use your data up it just stood there are no overages

ETA yes 8GB Canada wide casing and international texting $50/30 days

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.