cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Activation

darl1861
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my account today and at the end it told me I had to activate my data. I have an Iphone and I can't access the page again to find the instructions. Can someone please help?

4 REPLIES 4

Heddy65
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried everything I saw posted here and nothing would work.   Finally I used the same method I used when trying to get the data to work on my iphone for my Speak Out account.   I went to the Settings/General/Profile/APN Carrier Settings...here I deleted my previous profile and downloaded the Public Mobile settings from www.unlockit.co.nz.   (they have settings for many carriers, just scroll down and choose.)  All the settings were inputted automatically and it worked right away.   

chromeknickers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You might just have to set up your APN. Go to this link to follow instructions based on your phone: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

For most current iPhones it should be the following:

Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Network

E32C0505-75F0-4952-9DB9-EEE734550E1E.jpeg

isp.mb.com also works

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@darl1861 I think the last page you saw was explaining how to get your data working if the phone is having issues. if everything is working than just ignore it

reset your network settings

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@darl1861 wrote:

I just activated my account today and at the end it told me I had to activate my data. I have an Iphone and I can't access the page again to find the instructions. Can someone please help?

I have never heard about activating your data.  Did it mean make sure your APN settings are correct?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.