cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage - Smiths Falls

katiefleming
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all, I'm possibly planning a trip from Montreal to Smiths Falls and I was wondering what the coverage is like there? I'd be relying on my phone/google maps to get me there, and obviously need my phone while I'm there.

Will I be OK the entire way there and in that area?

Cheers!

7 REPLIES 7

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@katiefleming :Another option for downloading offline maps is Open Street Maps apps like OsmAnd~ from F-Droid free and open software store.

Also, since many above replies have confirmed coverage to Smith Falls, you should choose one of the replies above as your accepted solution by clicking on the accepted solution button on the post that helped you most - doing so will help others in future who want to know about coverage to Smith Falls too.

katiefleming
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

All great replies, thanks so much! And yes, it's a trip for me when I never get to go anywhere, especially during Covid haha 😄 Cheers!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@katiefleming 

Yes you will be fine.

I'd recommend downloading "offline" maps of the area via google maps so you can save your phone's data and won't have to worry at all about cellular coverage while navigating.

I use offline maps and they've NEVER failed me in Canada or the USA - you just have to make sure to download the geographical boundaries of the areas you'll be navigating in/through.

Here's how:

Download areas and navigate offline - Google Maps Help

Happy travels!!  😷

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trip?! It's not even 3 hours. That's just going for a drive for a visit. Heck...probably doable in one shot in an EV 🙂

As shown on the map, there appears to be solid cell all the way. How could there not be with the population density and geography.

Sigh...whatever happened to looking at a map (on-screen map is fine) and then seeing where you have to turn right at Albuquerque (Maitland). 🙂

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@katiefleming  Can confirm Ottawa to Smith Falls is fine. Have not driven Ottawa - Montreal  

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Save your phone and buy a second hand Garmin GPS. As so many vehicles now have them built in, there are lots of good ones for sale. Buy the right tool for the right job.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@katiefleming wrote:

Hi all, I'm possibly planning a trip from Montreal to Smiths Falls and I was wondering what the coverage is like there? I'd be relying on my phone/google maps to get me there, and obviously need my phone while I'm there.

Will I be OK the entire way there and in that area?

Cheers!

Hello @katiefleming, I do not know personally, but here is the coverage map:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/coverage

See also:

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/network/coverage-map

PM uses both Bell and Telus towers.

Need Help? Let's chat.