cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirm Identity To Transfer

NeilR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have downloaded the eSim and confirmed with my old provider to transfer.  Now I'm asked for a confirmation code that has been sent to my phone number.  The problem is that my phone's Sim is shown as inactive so I can't receive the confirmation code.  What do I do now?

4 REPLIES 4

NeilR

I went to Settings on my phone and reactivated the old provider's Sim and then I was able to get the text messages.  Finished activating Public Mobile and then deactivated the old Sim.  It seems to be working now.

NeilR

I don't get an option to send email.  It only says resend code.

kroekerh2

Nope mine shows the option for voice message or text. Does not show send email as an option. what do i do?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @NeilR 

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone?

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screenshot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709592905010.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1709592905031.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your keypad.

You should now be able to get into your account.

Created by Chalupa Batman

Need Help? Let's chat.