cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from 90d plan to 30d

shadowbanker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi everyone,

My 90d plan is renewing in September. I just selected a new 30d/$40/4.5 gigs plan to start on the renewal date. On the website it shows that this is a limited time offer. Will I actually get the 4.5 gigs come renewal time? What if the offer expires until then? Does the fact that I added it on today ensures that I will get that plan and data on the renewal date?

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@saje_ward wrote:

Fbaulous, thank you for the clear explanation. For now I think that I will stick with the fall 2016 promo 🙂

@saje_ward any time.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@srlawren wrote:

@saje_ward wrote:

Is the new 30 day 4.5g plan better than the grandfathered fall 2016 $120/12g 9 day plans?

@saje_ward as usual, the answer to that question is, "it depends".

Fall 2016 promo plan main pros:

- full speed data

- 90 days to use that data (more flexibility)

- fewer times a year to make a payment or worry about AutoPay issues

Fall 2016 promo plan main cons:

- calling is only province-wide

- larger payments each time

Current promo plan main pros:

- Calling is Canada-wide

- A bit more data overall (4.5 every 30 instead of an average of 4 every 30)

- Smaller payments 

Current promo plan main cons:

- Data is limited to 3.0Mbps speeds (though still delivered over LTE depsite the "3G" name)

- More frequent payments to manage or worry about AutoPay issues

- less flexibility with how you use the data (30 day windows instead of 90)

That's about it really.

Fbaulous, thank you for the clear explanation. For now I think that I will stick with the fall 2016 promo 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@saje_ward wrote:

Is the new 30 day 4.5g plan better than the grandfathered fall 2016 $120/12g 9 day plans?

@saje_ward as usual, the answer to that question is, "it depends".

Fall 2016 promo plan main pros:

- full speed data

- 90 days to use that data (more flexibility)

- fewer times a year to make a payment or worry about AutoPay issues

Fall 2016 promo plan main cons:

- calling is only province-wide

- larger payments each time

Current promo plan main pros:

- Calling is Canada-wide

- A bit more data overall (4.5 every 30 instead of an average of 4 every 30)

- Smaller payments 

Current promo plan main cons:

- Data is limited to 3.0Mbps speeds (though still delivered over LTE depsite the "3G" name)

- More frequent payments to manage or worry about AutoPay issues

- less flexibility with how you use the data (30 day windows instead of 90)

That's about it really.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

shadowbanker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi everyone,

Thank you for clarifying. I did not choose to apply the new plan now as I still have some 2 gigs I need to use until early September already paid for. That's why I selected to start the new plan at the renewal date.

He has to clarify. It is unclear whether it was future dated or done immediately. Either way you will have it locked in regardless of when it expires.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

If you have future dated a promo plan before it expires the system will change to it on your renewal date even if it's not available anymore.

If something better comes along in the meantime or you decide that you want to continue on your current plan you can change or cancel the future dated plan change up to the day before your renewal date.

Just read the last part of your message - looks like you used the change now option, which means you've got it applied today, with paying for it fully now.

It's locked in, you will be able to renew it every 30 days.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

If you use the 'Change on renewal' option, it will lock in, and you'll get the offer.

You will be able to renew the same offer every 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.