cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change subscription before billing date

Jesskoz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I change my subscription now, before the billing date do I get charged again today?

7 REPLIES 7

EmFromNB

thank you so much !

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@EmFromNB 

yes, the promotion will be honoured as long as you use Change on Renewal to schedule the plan change.  Many of us tried and confired that.

I understand you have doubt from your other post, if you want to confirm, you can open ticket with PM support for their official response.  To open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

EmFromNB

How are you sure "your promotion will be honored" when I switch to a better plan?  I do not find any saying on their web site.   Thanks.

Emincanada

You are correct. Since Public Mobile plans are pre-paid for the plan time period, changing plans before your current billing cycle is over means you will be charged immediately for the cost of your new plan.

It can seem frustrating but if you are moving to a better plan, you are gaining in the long run which is what counts!

If you don't need to switch plans immediately, you can always have your plan change scheduled for the next renewal date which would eliminate lost fund from your current plan.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jesskoz 

Any immediate plan changes will result in an immediate charge regardless of where you are in the cycle.

If by your question you might mean you already have a plan change scheduled for your next renewal, and you wish to change your mind to a different plan change, simply delete the scheduled plan change and plan another one with the desired plan for the next renewal date.

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Yes you will be and there is no credit/pro-rated amount.

Best to set Change on Renewal, your promotion will be honored. 

Need Help? Let's chat.