cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of service

davidhall
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I changed my service before my renewal date, expecting to be charged the difference from the 3g data to 4g data that was different and was charged a whole new plan cost, my remaining 2 months were not credited and I was wondering if anything can be done about my account. I wasn't aware this would create a whole new charge or I'd have opted to change on my renewal date. I added funds to address the difference as the account said I didn't have enough funds. It added the difference to the account fine and then charged me a whole other 162 besides. Can I not be pro rated atleast on the remaining months I had on the account? 

Any advice, I'd appreciate. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker agreed 100%.  I started a thread in the oracle area about this, based on another recent thread with the same issue.  I have no idea if anything will come of it or not, but I made that exact same request that you have laid out here.  

@NDesai thanks for tagging me to bring this second recent example to my attenting!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

So much info is already posted in the community about this...  When I do anything here, I research.  I researched before I signed up.  I researched before I did my first plan change, and again on my second.

this is a problem that is so preventable in two ways.

1. Public Mobile MUST put warning messages up, and put confirmation “last warning” are you sure YES/NO with what will happen info, or
  2. Customers, new/current/returning need to research.

So easy...why does this continue.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@davidhall So you changed your plan by clicking on Change Plan Now button instead clicking on Change on Renewal button that future dates the plan you want. If you were on a grandfathered plan, you will lose that plan. And there is no refund for changing the plan immediately since there is an option to change on your renewal. 

Try sending a private message to the Moderator_Team. I cannot promise if they will do anything about your mistake. 

@srlawren Another victim 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.