cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send text to another Public mobile user

zawx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can receive texts but cannot send to another Public Mobile user (my wife). Shows that the message was sent but she does not receive it. No problems texting (send & receive) with other carriers for both of us. Checked to see if numbers were blocked or if any info was incorrect, but to no avail. Facing this problem for the past 24 hrs or so.

5 REPLIES 5

zawx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all your help. I solved the problem. There was a setting on my phone under her contact info called "Only send SMS and MMS" which was unchecked. I turned that on and now I can send and receive texts from her. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zawx 

Which phone are you an d your wife using?

If one of you is using iPhone and the other is using Android phone, configure iPhone iMessage settings ti enable SMS/MMS.  Report result.

@zawx I would have both of you send text messages to yourselves. This is to see if it's issue with just messages between the two of you or if it's an issue amongst you and all other Public Mobile customers.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@zawx , Public Mobile does not block texting activities of any of its users.  Check your wife's phone to see if there is any blocks placed on your text.  By chance did your wife complete a number port on her account recently?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@zawx if you were able to text eachother before then try toggling airplane mode on/off and restart your device. also try a network reset. what are the make and model of your phone's?

Need Help? Let's chat.