cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send text messages without WIFI

kparkerhall
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I just switched my account from Telus business to Public Mobile and I am not able to send text messages without wifi. I sent text messages when we were out to my partner and he didn't receive them until we were home back on our wifi. 

Also, I have an iphone and cannot send photos or videos to non iphone users 

Can you please correct this issue?

Thank you!

K

10 REPLIES 10

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Two options @kparkerhall  

1. turn iMessages off.

2. turn data on.

I had same problem with iPhone on PM.

Now I use whatsapp for pictures and videos and non imessage for texting. 

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

Did you you know that you can share pics and contacts by air drop?

Yup, knew that @CountyDownIeUk 

Haven't personally used it, but know about it.

There's likely COUNTLESS other iPhone items that might make my day easier - i'll eventually stumble upon them as well.  

@HALIMACS wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@HALIMACS 

wow....where have you been. I needed that answer years ago. So hold the send until turns green?

I'm not sure if that is genuine or sarcasm...  🤔

Truth be told, @CountyDownIeUk , I only started using an iPhone (first time, ever) 7 months ago as a work device and I had to teach myself all things Apple.   I'm a LOOOOONG way from knowing much about iPhones as I've been an Android user forever...

It was actually my offspring who told me about the hold blue message for SMS delivery option.   I likely wouldn't have figured that one out myself.

Darn kids - always one upping the folks with these things!!!

A genuine thank you!!! But me, grandpa, will have one to spring on the grand kids and our friends. Sometimes every knows something different but doesn’t share....not intentionally. Can depend on mix of kids friends iPhone vs Android.  Our immediate family is all iPhone and most but not all of rest of family and friends are too and I can name the few that are droid lovers. 

Did you you know that you can share pics and contacts by air drop?

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@HALIMACS 

wow....where have you been. I needed that answer years ago. So hold the send until turns green?

I'm not sure if that is genuine or sarcasm...  🤔

Truth be told, @CountyDownIeUk , I only started using an iPhone (first time, ever) 7 months ago as a work device and I had to teach myself all things Apple.   I'm a LOOOOONG way from knowing much about iPhones as I've been an Android user forever...

It was actually my offspring who told me about the hold blue message for SMS delivery option.   I likely wouldn't have figured that one out myself.

Darn kids - always one upping the folks with these things!!!

This is cool. My iPad can send texts through phone....turned wifi off. iMessage failed. Held finger on blue bubble...and screen choice popped up from bottom....tapped click as text and on its way. Thanks. 

BAD5A26C-0DFC-41E7-86BD-C0383E78CFA3.jpeg3E15AD73-4E6A-48E5-94E5-F7DD821AB5CC.jpeg

@HALIMACS 

wow....where have you been. I needed that answer years ago. So hold the failed blue bubble with message and send as text?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@kparkerhall wrote:

Hi I just switched my account from Telus business to Public Mobile and I am not able to send text messages without wifi. I sent text messages when we were out to my partner and he didn't receive them until we were home back on our wifi. 

Thank you!

K

@kparkerhall 

When sending messages on iPhone, your message may try to send in iMessage format first (the message will be blue in color when you initially tap "send") and you'll notice it is not 'delivered' just to the below, right of the message.

By holding the message you just sent, you can choose to deliver the message as an SMS instead.  You'll know it reverted to SMS when the message turns green.  You should then see it marked as 'delivered'.

Try this the next time you send a message, the receiver will then receive an SMS text from you.

As far as some users not receiving picture or videos, make sure they have Mobile Data enabled on their device.  They then may need to tap on the message to download it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kparkerhall 

can you do troubleshoot your device,

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
for iphone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

and do Rebooting your phone,

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@kparkerhall wrote:

Thank you!

K

@kparkerhall  - hi there, we are all users and customer just like you, not Public Mobile customer service representatives.

Okay, so check out your settings.

If you turn your data off occasionally, then it is recommended to turn off iMessage altogether and use regular text messaging instead.

To do this, go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage off.

If you prefer to use iMessage, then you can perform the following steps to fix the issue:

1. Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF.
  3. Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on.
  4. Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON.
  5. Make sure “Send as SMS” is also turned ON.

When starting with a new provider perform a Reset of Network Settings

iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kparkerhall 

for iphone  go to Settings > Messages > To turn iMessage on or off, 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet Wi-Fi is on is not going through the Picture or a video messaging, 

you have to do this to going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Need Help? Let's chat.