cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make call within Ontario

geminim06
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have the $10 plan, which includes 50 minutes of Canada-wide calling, but I cannot evven make a call within Ontario. I am getting this message: "Sorry, we cannot complete this call. You don't have an active long distance addon, and this call is not covered by your plan". An help is appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@geminim06, check also that available usage is not consumed.  If the suggestion of including 1 in front of the 10 digit number doesn't work, your problem could be due to account provisioning.  For that you will need moderator team assistance to correct.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in your private message account number and PIN code. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

@geminim06 wrote:

Hello,

I have the $10 plan, which includes 50 minutes of Canada-wide calling, but I cannot evven make a call within Ontario. I am getting this message: "Sorry, we cannot complete this call. You don't have an active long distance addon, and this call is not covered by your plan". An help is appreciated!

sound like the system never correctly set your plan up

Usually, when this type of thing happens, it's usally on plans that only include province-wide calling.

It's recommended to dial the 1 before the area code and number.  But that will only make it so that you don't hear a "long distance charges may apply" message. Not dialing the 1 wouldn't prevent you from making the call;  it would just delay the call a few seconds.

Double check to make sure you're not misdialing the number (ie. the area code).

If you still have no luck, you'll probably have to send the moderators a message to fix this.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@geminim06 Is it only a few numbers that do not go through or all numbers? Did you try adding 1 in front of a number you are dialing?

Need Help? Let's chat.