cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Send MMS on Flip Phone

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello folks

Today I switched from my malfunctioning android to my flip phone for calls/texts and to my dismay and otter exasperation I have run into a problem with my flip phone. Just my luck, perhaps.

I tested receiving MMS to my flip phone however my flip phone gives me a "Failed to respond, Try again?" Message upon sending MMS out. My only guess is that MMS works over 4G/LTE and my flip phone only operates on 3G. But then how can it receive and not send? This is annoying.

I paid for it so it would be great to have it work.

Thanks for any help.

10 REPLIES 10

Obice

@gblackma 

Yes, I tried aliasredirect and it caused my phone to restart. I have a spare iPhone might just use it, I just need something to work properly at this point.

@Solo 

Moving your SIM card from phone to phone have you endured that the ... aw gee, can’t remember name now...whatchamacallit list (technical term) APN Settings (thank you @Anonymous ) are set correctly in each phone? 

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Obice 

Before what? When?

It's almost certainly APN settings.

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

@Obice Here's a link to someone with the same problem and phone and how they fixed it  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Setting-up-data-connectivity-on-a-Sam.... Let us know if it works. Thanks.

Solo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

well my friend I've had the same problem in the last month I've changed phones three times and I couldn't get to use any of my data or anything's a problem that they need to fix if you got a solution please get back to me cheers

@gblackma 

Data IS used for MMS, but it is deducted from your data consumption records. So it has to be fully functional.

AE_Collector

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Did you try taking the sim card out and putting it back in?

Obice

It was working before. That's all I do know.

Make: Samsung, Model: SGH-C414.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Obice data isn't used to send mms  text messages. The only requirement is that it be enabled.Try menu- settings - applications - messages - multimedia message - message centre mms - select your version and click activate. Restart your phone and send a mms message. Let us know if it works.  Thanks.

If it doesnt, what's the make and model of your phone? Thanks. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire
It should be working on 3g only
Do you have ways to alert network settings?
What phone do you have?
Need Help? Let's chat.