cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada wide calling?

_parth23
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello, I had a question on my mind. So In my plan I have Canada wide calling can I be in another province that I travel too and be able to call without getting long distance calls. For example  let’s say I’m in Manitoba and I travel to Quebec for a trip can I use my existing plan without getting charged extra.

11 REPLIES 11

ajimald
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yea, you wont get charged extra if your calling from British Columbia to Ontario. You may see a warning which is fine, because the plan you have will void the overage charges. 

Guylune

@computergeek541

It exactly what I said : "When I'm out of my province or when I make a long distance call".

@Guylune wrote:

@_parth23

When I'm out of my province or when I make a long distance call, I get a message saying that additionnal charges may apply, but it never does.

You don't have to be out of province to hear this message. This message plays back, usually because the call really is long distance.  It just happens the long ditsance for that call is incldued with your plan.  If you dial a 1 before the area code and number before dialing a Canadian phone number, you will never hear that message.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hillsteadman wrote:

you can call from anywheres in canada to anywheres in canada and it is covered as long as you have long distance in your plan ..

@hillsteadman since @_parth23 is asking about a Canada-wide talk plan, Canadian long distance is indeed included in their plan.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

hillsteadman
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

you can call from anywheres in canada to anywheres in canada and it is covered as long as you have long distance in your plan ..

Andyrewr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

exactly isnt that awsome! and bell and tellus towers are practically everywere 

Guylune

@_parth23

When I'm out of my province or when I make a long distance call, I get a message saying that additionnal charges may apply, but it never does.

If additionnal charges should apply, you would not be able to make the call from the beginning.

NOTE : As always, this is when you're connected to the Public Mobile network (TELUS and BELL) towers.  If you're not connected, and still in Canada, your call will not go through.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@_parth23 wrote:

Hello, I had a question on my mind. So In my plan I have Canada wide calling can I be in another province that I travel too and be able to call without getting long distance calls. For example  let’s say I’m in Manitoba and I travel to Quebec for a trip can I use my existing plan without getting charged extra.

@_parth23Yes you can. All of Canada To and from All of Canada. You may get a "long distance message warning" but the beauty of a pre-paid service. There are no overages because you only get what you paid for. If you don't have a "long distance" plan (anything outside your coverage province / city / canada wide, canada-us, etc) plan you canno't call long distance. There are never any extra charges ever.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Also, you will never incur unexpected charges from Public Mobile. If you have not paid for a service in advance, then you just can't use that service. Example, if you are on a 5 GB plan, once you use the 5 GB, your data is cut off. If you want more, you buy more. No data overages, no charges for long distance, no going over minutes, etc. Ya gets what ya paid for in advance.

GC

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, you can call to anywhere in Canada from anywhere in Canada with no worry of long distance charges.

GC

Need Help? Let's chat.