cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't group text on data

Shrt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been able to do it in the past. It has only started within the past few weeks that I cannot recieve or send group MMS messages while on my PM data. It works normally when I am on wifi or use my second SIMs data (I have two sim slots in my phone). I have attached photos of my APN settings. Phone is the OnePlus 3.

Thanks,

2017-04-08 18.17.11.png2017-04-08 18.22.00.png2017-04-08 18.22.27.png

4 REPLIES 4

@Shrt
Glad to hear your issue is resolved enjoy your group texting
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Shrt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@youbme wrote:
Definitely try the above suggestion if you haven't already.

Is your data working normally, or is it also not working? I have a OP2 and have noticed the last few updates have changed the way MMS messages are handled, when data is turned off I still receive and can send MMS messages, I notice data if temporarily forced on to send/receive. So, I wonder if a recent update, maybe Nougat, has caused something to be reset for your phone.
Keep us posted!

I tried everything both of you said and it didn't work. I went back to my APN list and saw there was a Public Mobile APN that I didn not add. When I clicked on it, I couldn't edit any of the fields so it was a preconfigured one that it found automatically. When I went to view the settings there was one thing different (see attached). The APN type has extra info. When I selected this APN it started working. Thanks for both your help

2017-04-19 15.55.33.png

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Definitely try the above suggestion if you haven't already.

Is your data working normally, or is it also not working? I have a OP2 and have noticed the last few updates have changed the way MMS messages are handled, when data is turned off I still receive and can send MMS messages, I notice data if temporarily forced on to send/receive. So, I wonder if a recent update, maybe Nougat, has caused something to be reset for your phone.
Keep us posted!

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Try resetting your network setting also try removing sim and reinstall see if that help also try differnt SMS app I would say try resetting network setting or try on a different phone
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.