cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add on not working

lalas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the 20 dollar unlimited text and add 200 minutes of talk as add on but it is not working

10 REPLIES 10

@lalas wrote:

I think your right .koodo has unlimited text for 15 bucks with 10 percwnt if u do auto topup ..u can add 250 mins for 20 bucks for emergencies. So they are way cheaper.  

If i do jot get the service i expect and a refund will stop using them i guess

@lalasRight, sad for me to say but public mobile is not only not competitive, they are the absolute highest priced. I have lost countless referral opportunities due to this. It would be too bad to lose another customer, @Brooke_C are we ever going to see an unlimited text plan, that allows add-on minutes for under $25? Competitive response time?

$15 unlimited sms + 50 minutes?

$15 unlimited sms + 5 minutes provincial calling?

$15 unlimited sms + 0 minutes but allow add-on LD minutes?

There is this sweet spot right between $10 and $15 begging to exist.

@lalas wrote:

Why would the system allow that option if i cant use it ..thats not right.

This one of the many strange quirks of the Public Mobile system, but you're right.  In my opinion, the self-serve system shouldn't allow you to purcahse it.

lalas

I think your right .koodo has unlimited text for 15 bucks with 10 percwnt if u do auto topup ..u can add 250 mins for 20 bucks for emergencies. So they are way cheaper.  

If i do jot get the service i expect and a refund will stop using them i guess

@lalas wrote:

Is there a plan for unlimited text and pay as you use mins where i purchase lets say 250 minutes 

@lalasNot at public mobile. Public mobile is the most expensive provider in Canada to provide a base plan that includes unlimited texting plan. This has been discussed and brought up many times

See this post by me complaining about this issue. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Public-mobile-not-competitive-for-text/...

lalas

Is there a plan for unlimited text and pay as you use mins where i purchase lets say 250 minutes 

@lalas wrote:

But i paid for it. How do i get a refund 

@lalasThe only way you can get a refund is to contact the moderator team. Click this to send them a message.

You may want to consider switching to the $10 limited plan for 50min/50texts then using a free 3rd party messenger program. Then you can use the add-on and cut your bill in half.

Or spend $5 more per month, get unlimited provincial talk in the plan and use the 200 min for outside province/long distance

lalas

Why would the system allow that option if i cant use it ..thats not right. 

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@lalas wrote:

I have the 20 dollar unlimited text and add 200 minutes of talk as add on but it is not working

@lalas, the unlimited txt has no calling features.  You will need to change your plan if you wish calling.  The addons for voice calls is only usable with a base calling plan.

lalas

But i paid for it. How do i get a refund 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@lalas wrote:

@lalasYou need talk in your base plan, to use a talk add-on.

When you spend $20 in the plan builder for unlimited text only, you can't add talk by means of add-on. I know its silly but thats the rules.

"

(5) Add-Ons are only available for use with an active plan. Long Distance Add-Ons require a monthly talk feature on the rate plan.

"

Need Help? Let's chat.