cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actived SIM for 8 days , still no service

Korywang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Can anyone help out here, SIM card active for 8 days, there still has no Service. Moderator messaged me 3 days ago says it's been fixed, but its not working Please help me
31 REPLIES 31

Korywang

they contacted that my problem has been fixed, which was not. now my koodo number was ported by MOD couple days ago, now i am completely out of service. I send emails, reported online, open topic, still nothing get fixed.... all i need is get the service that i have paid for, I cant call, I cant text, I dont have data.......

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
So what was the problem the first time the mod contacted you?

Korywang
@Shazia_K please help me out

Korywang
Shazia, could you make mine works as well since this is my 13 th day out of service

Korywang
Koodo, and PM just ported in my number yesterday , I'm "out service" completely now, I have a iPhone 6s

ankurfaridkot

@Rockdaddy22 and @Shazia_K

u both Rock Smiley Happy

Rockdaddy22
She looked into your account and fixed it lol. Don't doubt the best 🙂 She's awesome.

ankurfaridkot

@Shazia_K

Thanks a lot, I re inserted sim card and it started working right away magically. Probably just need a post from your end 🙂

Really happy now

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@ankurfaridkot

I understand, but I did something behind the scenes can you try now? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ankurfaridkot

@Shazia_K

I have tried all those steps took out sim card several times. Also i tried my sim card on my friend's phone.

Thanks

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @ankurfaridkot

I'm really sorry to hear about this, 

Can you try and test your SIM card out? try rebooting the phone please?

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

ankurfaridkot

@Rockdaddy22

Appreciate a lot. I agree the mods are totaly swamped with porting issues. Hope i get service soon.

Rockdaddy22
I'll tag @Shazia_K for you, IF she has time, hopefully she can get to it today. Since you have no service, it's definitely rather urgent. She is extremely busy so try and be patient.

If she does make contact with you here, please have your info ready. Explain to her it's not a port but a new activation. Give her the phone number, sim number and name.

ankurfaridkot

@Rockdaddy22

It's 5th day today. I activated sim card on Sunday. Hope they get to me soon 😞

Rockdaddy22
How long has it been?

ankurfaridkot

I agree, but do you know how to get a mod help. I am sure there are lot of people in similar situation as me. But i have been seeing some people are able to get help quicker. They should priortize people who are without  service  😞

Rockdaddy22
I guess we'll need a mod to take a look at this. I'm so sorry your experiencing your issues.

ankurfaridkot

@Rockdaddy22

The data doesn't work either. My phone is just sitting only able to send and recieve text. Only way i acess internet is wiifi still it shows this is my usage details of self serve

23/11/2016 12:39Web     0 MBMB$0.00
22/11/2016 12:28Web     5 MBMB$0.00
21/11/2016 7:30Web     11 MBMB$0.00
20/11/2016 2:02Web     8 MBMB$0.00

Rockdaddy22
Data isn't working either?

ankurfaridkot

@Rockdaddy22 

Thanks a lot man really appreciate it.

This is what it shows in my plan in self-serve.

My Plan                                                                                             $120 per 90 Days

Pick & Pay

• This plan includes: -
  • - 12GB Data
  • - Expired
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

Rockdaddy22
Thanks, I was just trying to think of things. Can you log into self serve? Is it possible you only chose text as a plan option by mistake. Do you have data?

ankurfaridkot

@Rockdaddy22

I have an iphone 6s. And also i tried my sim card in my friend's phone and it was exactly same on that phone. Then i tried my friend's sim card on my phone and it was working perfectly. So i am sure it has nothing to do phone settings

Rockdaddy22
So you have partial service? Could it be something in the settings? What kind of phone is it

ankurfaridkot

@ShawnC13

Possibly, yeah. But i am able to send text and recieve text. Not sure, how will i get help none of the mod is even trying to reply. The messages aren't even read.

I really don't know just thinking of things to try to get you up and running.  I am not suri if maybe you got a bad sim

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ankurfaridkot

@ShawnC13 

So changing the number would enable my service again ?

ankurfaridkot

@Rockdaddy22

I just moved to canada about 2 months ago. Old number wasn't important for me, so i thought it's good to have a new number. I never knew i would face issue with new number activation too.

I cancelled my old service so i don't have to pay for two services and here i am without any service. 😞

Rockdaddy22
I'm a little confused @ankurfaridkot did you attempt a port or something? If not why did you cancel your old carrier before you had working service with Public Mobile

@ankurfaridkot have you given your new(non working nubmer)?  You could always go into your account and try and change the number to a newer PM number.  Overview tab then on the right side under My Provfile last option is change number

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ankurfaridkot

@ShawnC13

Hi Facing exact same issue. People trying to reach me are going to voicemail. Not able to call any one.

Without service since last 5 days now. And also i am  not porting number from old carrier which is why i am wondering why is it taking so long for Public Mobile to get me service. I had cancelled my old carrier and wasn't interested in keeping my old number. Had no idea i will be left without service on PM or i would have kept old service for a month atleast. Had already raised two tickets through email, sent messages to Mods, still no help.

Need Help? Let's chat.