cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Ported but Freedom Account Still Active

diamnix
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I ported my freedom account phone number on July 18th and was sent the message that the transfer request had been completed successfully. However, I am currently using a dual sim card phone and while the number has been ported over my services on Freedom Mobile are still active, i.e. the sim card is still functional. Shouldn't my services at Freedom be cancelled after the number is ported? They are now billing me for the previous billing cycle and have started a new billing period...

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

This has happened to me before with Wind Mobile.  I ported out from them (it was fully ported and Wind even had a record of it), but they never cancelled my service and closed my account.  The Wind service kept working (only for outgoing) and they also kept billing me.  They eventually refunded the erroneous charges.  But what I will say is before you have Freedom do anything, make absolutely sure that your number really has been fully transfered to Public Mobile.

mynamejc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Agreed, try calling yourself to make sure it actually successfully ported.  You can text and use data immediately on Public using the number you plan to port even when it hasn't ported. A good way to confirm it ported successfully is by calling yourself from another phone and making sure it only rings your Public phone. I don't think it's possible to route the call to two providers for mobile.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@diamnix, just to make sure the port is complete, are you totally certain the calls are going to your Public Mobile line?  With both services connected to the same phone, it's possible that calls are still going to your freedom line.  Do not go by what Public Mobile reports as the phone number for your line.  If you request a port, that is the number which shows right away even before the port completes.  I have been a wind customer previously.  All my ports result in closure at the wind end without fail.  

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Yes, your Freedom account should be cancelled if your number was fully ported.

Can you received call on PM SIM card?

Check your PM online call history to confirm that you are on PM for last 2 weeks.

If you are confirmed that you are fully ported, call freedom to find out what had happened and ask freedom to correct the billing error.

Need Help? Let's chat.