cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Locked Out!

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Shazia_K

Phone stopped working today (SIM just shows SOS)

When I attempt to view online account info it gives generic account lock out error

Uh oh looks like something went wrong but dont panic

Log out & log back in to continue

etc

Been down for bout 4 hours now

Nothing changed & more than enough balance

Here is a question I havn't seen asked before

In cases where SIM is dead, does Public offer free replacements or do we need to still pay the $5?

12 REPLIES 12

@54321WonderfulYou will need to contact the moderators via the ? in the lower right hand corner and type contact moderators.

54321Wonderful
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i am not able to log in because i have been locked out for over 5 hours.  Can not do anything now, please help.  Thanks.

pagerandcell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hello, can someone please help me, i activated my phone on nov 26 and still cannot use it, i have 29 dollars on the account and all its telling me is to add more money, i have a basic plan with public for just talk and i cant get it working

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @kav2001c,

Thank you for explaining - no worries at all, you know I would be more than happy to help 🙂

I'll look at your private message right now.

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@Mary_M oh hey

Saray & Shazia took care of my no service issue but now I am waiting a few months until backlog has gone down a bit before following up with this

If your workload has decreased enough, then yes, one of my pain points is I do request Public sends me a new SIM card for no charge

I had sent a few PM & I have an entire thread dealing with my ordeals (ha ha) but the short version is this:

One night my SIM card stopped working

I tried messaging MODs and of course no response since you were dealing with bigger issues

So I tried testing a really old (non tri-punch SIM) but it did not work either

Which is really why I want the replacement SIM, since the one that Shazia/Saray fixed can not be swapped between phones

The next day my service was cancelled and... lots of remaining issues

I will send you a PM

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Kav2001,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for your patience! 

Good question - the free SIM depends on the situation. For example, if you have a defective SIM (error on our end), it wouldn't be fair for you to pay for another one (there are ways to test and confirm if one is defective)

If you also need any help with the activation, please send me the SIM card numbers by private message. I tried looking for your message, but was unable to locate any including your information.

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@makkahn28 looks like its network error. I activated new SIM still same error saying not provisioned.

Frustrating as no Mods have even read private message yet & phone has no service

UPDATE

I went to online self serve and changed my SIM card

Doing so changed NOTHING

I now have 2 wasted SIM cards

Both say SOS not provisioned

Need a MOD to fix this account ASAP

@Saray_O 

I also feel that Public should send me 2 replacement SIMs since this is a network error

Thanks

PM sent to Saray

@cheeseburger SIM card displays SOS SIM hasn't been provisioned for service

I don't know what Public did here but it seems obvious it was their error

@Shazia_K / @Mary_M @Saray_O

This SIM card was never changed online so why has it been cancelled? I have more than enough funds (and the renew is not due until Dec anyways)

cheeseburger
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Have you tried reseating the SIM?

Do you have another phone you can test it with?

@makkahn28 only thing I can think of

Phone just aint working

Emergency calls only right now grr

And I know system has some sort of bug (when I last checked online account no use history updates for 2 days now locked out)

No scratches since SIM never taken in/out of phone

I think some glitch killed my account 

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Yer Sim died? That's a first I heard. Unless the Leads in Chip degraded, or Badly scratched, BUT that can only happen when you have physical contact with Sim itself

Need Help? Let's chat.