cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$25 Credit Frustration Continues - Someone Fire Abdallah - Doesn't know what the F he's doing

ranmercer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Folks, 

My frustration continues to moount.  No one else from the @CS_Agent is picking up my request except for Abdallah who doesn't know what the F@ck he's doing.  Here's his most recent response and my reply just now.  Can anyone please help me? I will be leaving PM if this issue is not resolved and I am not credited the $25 that was supposed to be awarded according to the Promo's terms and conditions in print.  And I will gladly say F@CK PM to anyone who asks.

@CS_Agent wrote:

Dear Ranmercer,

It's a pleasure to see you again.

Here are all the credits you've received so far.

1. $25 Referral Credit/Crédit de recommandation de 25 $ 7/26/2018
  2. $25 Referral Credit/Crédit de recommandation de 25 $ 7/28/2018

Now here are the Autopay rewards you have already received.

1. Reward - AutoPay/Récompense - Paiement Automatique $ 2.00 7/26/2018

You do not get the credit for your rewards every start of the month, you get the credit while your plan is renewing itself. Since you referred 2 people every time your plan renews itself you will get a $2 discount ($6 if you have a 90-day plan).

Now for autopay, since your first payment was made manually and not automatic you did not get the credit for that but on your future payments, you will indeed get the credit for that.

Last but not least, for the $25 promotion, you can only get a credit as the Referrer and you can only get a single credit as the Referee.

I'm sorry for the previous replies and I hope I was clear this time :), also there's no error on the system everything is working as expected.

It'll be my pleasure helping you more or even explaining this issue more with you :D, your satisfaction is what we thrive for here.

Thank you and have a wonderful day.

Abdallah

MY RESPONSE:

Sorry, no, it's NOT clear and you are WRONG.  

1) July 26th - I was a referee ONCE meaning I was referred to Public Mobile by one person (my brother) and I self-activated at home = $25.  This was when I JOINED public mobile.

2) July 27th - I was then a referrer TWICE meaning I made a referral for two people to buy their SIMs and self-activate at home = 2  x $25 credit per referral made = $50

Someone else from the @CS_Agent needs to help fix this situation as it is beyond ridiculous.  I am seriously contemplating my exit from public mobile after my credits are exhausted IF the $25 that I am supposed to receive is not credited to my account.

I'm sorry but Abdallah is very incompetent and should not be in customer service.

16 REPLIES 16

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

good to hear that that it worked out for you. some of the mods are definitely better than others.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad this all worked out. 

It can be frustrating having to explain the situation at times but @Amine_E has always been exceptional. 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@ranmercer

We're sorry for the inconvenience this situation might have caused you and we are glad that it was sorted out for you at last. We will also do the necessary with the concerned agent. 

Thanks again for your understanding and wish you a great weekend! 

@ranmercer wrote:

Glad to report a resolution finally!! I'm now on the fence about staying with PM after this garbage customer service. 

Thank you @Amine_E for a swift and fair resolution. @Abdallah_A on the other hand should be provided coaching and feedback because this is not the first time he has made this mistake according to other PM customers that messaged me. 

"Hi
Thank you for reaching out to us!

I am sorry for all the situation and I will be more than happy to assist you with this 

After accessing your account, I was able to see that there is 27$ missing (25 for referral and 2$ autopay)

I went ahead and credited you 27$

Please let me know If you have any other concern

I wish you a wonderful day!

-Amine"

Well done!  Bravo!  The perseverance paid off.  I have often wondered to myself after going through one of these events whether this implicates poor customer service on the part of the brand or is it just poor human performance from one customer service rep.  If this was a pandemic, then definitely there is linkage to poor customer service.  It is quite easy to throw the baby out with the bath water so to speak.  Now that the reward error is fixed, if you are committed to the cause, take the human performance issue up the line separately.  This is the time and place to do the performance appraisal so to speak. 

ranmercer

Glad to report a resolution finally!! I'm now on the fence about staying with PM after this garbage customer service. 

Thank you @Amine_E for a swift and fair resolution. @Abdallah_A on the other hand should be provided coaching and feedback because this is not the first time he has made this mistake according to other PM customers that messaged me. 

"Hi

I am sorry for all the situation and I will be more than happy to assist you with this 

After accessing your account, I was able to see that there is 27$ missing (25 for referral and 2$ autopay)

-Amine"

ranmercer

@Anonymous wrote:

@ranmercer: So you set your hair on fire over this and then once someone suggests for you to do a little legwork you decide meh it's not worth $25.

Hmmm

A little legwork? Are u dumb? I clearly did no legwork. Didn't spell put what the error was. Didn't provide a beeakdown with detailed references to referral accounts. 

Public Mobile customer service (or lack there of) is garbage.

ranmercer

I respectfully disagree.  I was polite and courteous the first 7 times I explained and re-explained when I messaged the mod team. This was a simple matter and the community acknowledged their understanding and solution. 

Why is it that after a "riotous" post do I get a resolution that should have been arrived at days ago and messages ago?

See below response from Mod Amine. Thank you Amine!! Swift and fair resolution.  Again, Abdallah @Abdallah_A may mean well with all the smiley faces but he clearly does NOT know what he's doing. 

Amine's resolution

"Hi

-Amine"

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ranmercer: So you set your hair on fire over this and then once someone suggests for you to do a little legwork you decide meh it's not worth $25.

Hmmm

Don't incite a riotous response.  I have to deal with some pretty difficult service providers.  Through years and years of practice, I have learned the art of dealing with these situations.  You gotta stay focused on the main goal which is to advocate to have your problem remedied.  It is pretty hard to advocate your case when you are talking down to the people who you are asking to help you.  It is not the time to engage in a performance appraisal or to rant about poor service quality.  You take the case as far as you can and if there is no resolution, then it is time to escalate to the next level.  Following these basic steps, I don't recall the last time I was unable to reach an amicable resolution with a service provider.

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmm

Don't incite a riotous response.  I have to deal with some pretty difficult service providers.  Through years and years of practice, I have learned the art of dealing with these situations.  You gotta stay focused on the main goal which is to advocate to have your problem remedied.  It is pretty hard to advocate your case when you are talking down to the people who you are asking to help you.  It is not the time to engage in a performance appraisal or to rant about poor service quality.  You take the case as far as you can and if there is no resolution, then it is time to escalate to the next level.  Following these basic steps, I don't recall the last time I was unable to reach an amicable resolution with a service provider.

@ranmercer wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@ranmercer wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

@ranmercer wrote:

Did that party receive $25 referral credit?  Yes, my brother received the $25 credit.  

But I think the important thing is the two people who you referred, since it's one of them you're not getting credit for. Did they both receive the $25 too?

Excellent point! I just tripled checked the accounts of the two I referred and they both have $25 credit applied to their account.  

Any other thoughts? I really do appreciate your input and will bravo all your posts.

Based on the payment history, would you be able to trace down which of the three referral transactions has not been paid out?  Try to pinpount that one for further investigation. 

Appreciate the suggestion, but this is too much time invested for $25.  

I'm done investigating, lol.  

I will make sure I spread and share this experience on all the forums that speak highly of PM. Perhaps we have a pow-ow starting of all the poor experience people have had at PM.

It is very simple to check the payment history.  It is a link in the overview page.  Sometimes when you are having problems getting a resolution, you gotta go the extra mile on your side. 

I fully appreciate the pain you are going through.  I went through two weeks of this chasing down a referral credit with Koodo.  I supplied a complete set of details on the outstanding referral credits in my initial inquiry.  The person responding didn't bother to read any of it.  They shipped me a canned response, please wait 8 weeks to receive your credit.  Of course I was inquiring at week 10 which I did point out.  Then the person tells me that I already received payment for the referral on a date prior to me joining Koodo.  I had to tell the person s/he is barking up the wrong tree.  Then I am told the referral in question did not complete step 2 of the referral process.  The only I can do was shake my head and mention that my initial inquiry has all the necessary details.  Then I get a response that brought me to my knees, can you tell me which referrals are you inquiring about.  Long story short, I escalated the case and it was resolved two days ago.  If you think this brand has a bad reputation, I can tell you that these things happen everywhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm

ranmercer

@will13am wrote:

@ranmercer wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

@ranmercer wrote:

Did that party receive $25 referral credit?  Yes, my brother received the $25 credit.  

But I think the important thing is the two people who you referred, since it's one of them you're not getting credit for. Did they both receive the $25 too?

Excellent point! I just tripled checked the accounts of the two I referred and they both have $25 credit applied to their account.  

Any other thoughts? I really do appreciate your input and will bravo all your posts.

Based on the payment history, would you be able to trace down which of the three referral transactions has not been paid out?  Try to pinpount that one for further investigation. 

Appreciate the suggestion, but this is too much time invested for $25.  

I'm done investigating, lol.  

I will make sure I spread and share this experience on all the forums that speak highly of PM. Perhaps we have a pow-ow starting of all the poor experience people have had at PM.

@ranmercer wrote:

@cappaj wrote:

@ranmercer wrote:

ranmercer

@cappaj wrote:

@ranmercer wrote:

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ranmercer wrote:

ranmercer

@will13am wrote:

@ranmercer, I think we discussed this in a different thread yesterday.  Have you confirmed that the party referring you has your number registered to their account?  Yes, my number is registered in their awards section.  Did that party receive $25 referral credit?  Yes, my brother received the $25 credit.  This is confirmation of the legitimacy of being referred.  These details should be included in your private message. These details were ALL previously included in extreme detail in several messages to the Mod team. The confirmation of your referrals is self evident from numbers linked to your account.  I am not taking sides, just assisting with putting the right case together so that whoever looks at this can see by the evidence your are owed $25.  From where I stand, your case is rock solid. Thank you - many others feel my case is rock solid too. Hopefully @CS_Agent thinks so too!

I appreciate you stating your opinion of my case being "rock solid" publicy. 

Note: Many others have also noted that Abdallah has made the same error on their accounts - therefore, I conclude he is incompetent, not based on my experience alone, but based on all the outpouring and feedback I've received about his lack of common sense.  He should be reassigned to a different department or given a severance package.

See answers in bold above.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ranmercer, I think we discussed this in a different thread yesterday.  Have you confirmed that the party referring you has your number registered to their account?  Did that party receive $25 referral credit?  This is confirmation of the legitimacy of being referred.  These details should be included in your private message.  The confirmation of your referrals is self evident from numbers linked to your account.  I am not taking sides, just assisting with putting the right case together so that whoever looks at this can see by the evidence your are owed $25.  From where I stand, your case is rock solid. 

Need Help? Let's chat.