cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$0 SIM card

Shirley19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi looking for some help.

I just signed up and activated a SIM card at a WalMart location. To my understanding, if I activated in store the SIM card is $0.. I was charged the $10 plus tax as the promotion wasn’t coming up in the system. How do I go about getting money back?

From the terms and conditions: 

10. $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store.

thanks in advance for the help!

7 REPLIES 7

@Shirley19 wrote:

Hi looking for some help.

I just signed up and activated a SIM card at a WalMart location. To my understanding, if I activated in store the SIM card is $0.. I was charged the $10 plus tax as the promotion wasn’t coming up in the system. How do I go about getting money back?

From the terms and conditions: 

10. $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store.

thanks in advance for the help!

There currently is no official $0 for sim card with in-store activation.

I suspect that what you are seeing may very well be a  footnote from a past weekend promotion when the sim cards were free, possibly a term that Public Mobile forgot to remove.  When there is a term with a number beside it, it's really meant only to apply if that number is also next to the price or plan name, although it would likely be better if the term just weren't listed when not applicable.

lheintzman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Shirley19 wrote:

I’m in Ontario and it was in the Plans sections near the bottom in the Terms and Conditions drop down.

Ah ha.  What we have is a basic misunderstanding.   No. 10 under terms and condiitions means something like: IF a promo offer includes a $0 SIM, the retailer will not charge for the card when you activate your account in-store.  Right now, there are none of these promos going on, so the store charged you appropriately.

Public Mobile seems to have ongoing problems with wording.  All I can suggest is that you contact the Mod Team, explain the misunderstanding, and ask politely for a refund.  No guarantees but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Hi

That is not a promotion but the point 10 in terms and conditions that you can refer to (it's indexed during the promotion)

I guess they could clarify it but it does look self-explanatory at least to me

Shirley19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m in Ontario and it was in the Plans sections near the bottom in the Terms and Conditions drop down.

Sharry19

@Shirley19 It looks like your issue is related to the store from where you purchased the sim, store should have gave you sim at $0 because they have activated at store. May be it depends upon store to store as well !

We are all PM clients here on the community page same like you, so what I can suggest you first of all you should double check with the store secondly you need to send Private Message to the Moderator by CLICK HERE

*** Please note: I am not a Moderator ***

lheintzman

Typically, the $0 SIM cards are part of in-store flash sales that pop up from time to time.  At the moment there's no promotion showing in the community forum.  At least not in Ontario.  Is this offer specific to Quebec or your local Walmart?  Where did you find the terms you quoted?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Shirley19  No such offer going on right now. Did you check the expiry date wherever you saw that offer? It would've been beneficial for you if you just bought the sim and activated yourself at home using anyone's referral number. There is a referral bonus of $25 going on right now so you would've been eligible as a new customer. 

Need Help? Let's chat.