cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i will be visiting saudi arabia how do i change my sim card as i need a local sim card

pannobaji
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

can i buy a saudi sim here 

how do i change sim card

13 REPLIES 13

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello,

I googled Marhaba and SAWA. From what I read, outgoing calls must be made from a landline, and calls to cellphones are charged by the second.

I well appreciate not wishing to become lost amongst millions of people, but it seems that a compatible cellphone or calling from a landline are the only alternatives from HERE.

When you land in Saudi Arabia, are there vending machines or kiosks at the airport that sell compatible phones? It may be worth your while to call the Kingdom's airline number in Canada to inquire about purchasing a phone after landing.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Salaam,

You have 2 choices:

First, check to see if your phone's frequencies and bands are compatible with Saudi Arabia's. If so, your phone requires unlocking, and an appropriate SIM card.

Second, purchase, in Saudi Arabia, a telephone calling card which permits calling to cellphones in that country.

Lastly, I am not personally aware of the Marhaba card, and so I cannot comment on it.

If you find out how it works and still wish assistance, feel free to return and ask questions.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip!

pannobaji

i did reply to you 

have a look

pannobaji

wale kum salaam

could i not buy a saudi calling card and use it with my canadian phone 

there ia MARHABA  calling card

witout changing my sim card

Martin
Legend
Legend
Salaam aleikum!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you want to check if your phone will work, go to willmyphonework.net and enter the required information.

pannobaji

thanks

i am there for eight days in makkah and madina 

need it to contact my husband if i get lost there as there are millions of visitors visiting these 2 places

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Personally, I would google "Saudi Sim card" without the quotation marks.

If you live in an area with shopping centres that cater to customers of Middle Eastern heritage, I would try that.

The above notwithstanding, you must have a phone with frequencies and bands that match those in Saudi Arabia. If not, no SIM can compensate for that.

As far as changing your SIM, it depends on your make and model of phone. Check the user guide or, at the time of purchasing your SIM, ask the sales clerk to do it.

Good luck!

pannobaji

i bought it from PM 

alcatel one touch

@pannobaji,

Where did you purchase your phone and what is the brand?

Example, if you bought it from Bell, your phone is locked to Bell.

You just need to purchase an IMEI unlock code from www.cellunlocker.net

pannobaji

what do you mean by unlock

pannobaji

cant i buy a sim card for saudi arabia from public mobile?

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@pannobaji,

Your phone needs to be unlocked and the frequency band of your phone must be compatible with those in Saudi Arabia.

Need Help? Let's chat.