cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: What do you think of Telus's and Koodo's new anti-spam initiative?

This call control may be a problem blocking the calls from my banks which do not use the same phone number to call their customer. I seldom use my bank debit card to pay for anything.  Last Friday, I went to renewal my driver licence.  The registry store charge convenience fee for using credit card.  So I use my bank debit card.  Saturday morning, my bank fraud department called me about couple of transactions over $3k was using my debit card.  I will not know the phone numbers used by my bank.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@popping wow hope they were able to refund you that! crazy. I had my cc used in california once for 8k. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Naepalm wrote:

@popping wow hope they were able to refund you that! crazy. I had my cc used in california once for 8k. 

My bank fraud holds the fund until they can confirm the charge before releasing fund to merchant.  No harm was done on my account and my bank disable my debit card right away.  I have to go to my bank tomorrow to get a new bank debit card.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@gblackma 

Why do you think its overkill? Security I think.😀

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@popping 

3K? Wow and @Naepalm WHAT 8K I know that’s not a lot in terms of a credit card limit but even my highest is 5K with a mix of 3 CCs total of 10K so that would be 80% of my utilization 

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@fdrcamb519 it reminds me of the bank 2 step verification process. With the added step of proving that you aren't a robot. If you have it with TD bank you know what I'm talking about.  Total overkill. My problem with this is twofold. It only blocks 25 numbers either way. And it's just my luck that the really important call will be the one that doesn't get through. Stay safe. 😨

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@brettster99 well I am older than you. lol

It was my google play account had been compromised. 

Highlighted

@will13am 

is this a lounge discussion????

Highlighted
Oracle

@fdrcamb519 , I think it's fair game to keep it in the main forum.  Just be mindful that this thread is discussion rather than help.  So be frugal with the bravos.  

Highlighted

@will13am wrote:

@fdrcamb519 , I think it's fair game to keep it in the main forum.  Just be mindful that this thread is discussion rather than help.  So be frugal with the bravos.  

@will13am 

I see !!!!!!!!