cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No SMS text plan

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can you still RECEIVE sms text message if you have no texting as part of your plan?

8 REPLIES 8

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi freecity, 

Thank you for you reaching out to us. How do you do? 

To answer to your question, you should be able to receive notifications coming from Public Mobile only as for the rest, you won't be able to get them if you do not bave the text feature on your plan. Hopefully this answers your question. Thank you! 

freecity
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, Sorry to bring this old topic to light again. Just to confirm, this will mean the Public Mobile texts alerting us on usage/changes will not be received?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello all,

thank you for tagging us regarding this question!

To clarify, one will not be able to receive text messages if they do not have an active text plan on the account. The messages will not go through (you will not receive them)

Does this help?

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Chaos_Scorpio

I doubt you can recieve any text without the plan.

You could also try one of the many serivces out there that checks your account by sending a txt mesage (Ie google, microsoft). .. they send txt msg with codes to verify who you are. No txt will answer your question rather quickly

perhaps this is an answer a mod can help clarify @Shazia_K

smp99

No, what I meant was, if I have a Public Mobile acct with data only, that account still has a phone number assigned to it. What happens if someone sends a text to that number? I know I cannot send any text, but often service providors still allow you to receive text even though you do not have texts included.

You won't receive text since you don't have a service but I don't know if you can use a third party app for sms like hangout or fb messenger but those will only work on data or Wi-Fi if they do work lets see what other ops suggest on that
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

You need to add texting to your plan to be able to send OR receive texts.

Need Help? Let's chat.