cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW SIM CARD NOT WORKING

arathykalesh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi i took a new connection the sim card is not registering in my mobile .what can i do?

My mobile is samsung galaxy J1

11 REPLIES 11

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I activated new sim yesterday and now moderators and engenneers still working to if my problem, I even got email saying my sim activated and got to final summary screen where it said everthing was completed, but I had trouble getting past the number selection scree too it wouldn't load numbers to select for over 15 minutes so I pressed continue and the numbers popped up and I selected and continued without ant problems that I could see - but obviously something went wrong and maybe it has something to do with the number selection scree too.  Here my post for reference:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Activated-Sim-over-3-hours-ago-still-...

@ConnerF wrote:

i am having a similar issue, i  went through to activation process and it took me to the chose phone number page and then it crashed on me. now i cant register my sim or activate my account

Did you ever get to entering payment details? If you did, I would make sure that the Public Mobile has not already charged your card.

If you never got to the payment section, I would just wait about an hour and try again.

ConnerF

i am having a similar issue, i  went through to activation process and it took me to the chose phone number page and then it crashed on me. now i cant register my sim or activate my account

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TaylorJW nothing to be sorry about 🙂  cheers!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TaylorJW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@srlawren Yep went ahead and edited it as soon as I saw your post because I realized my error. Thank you very much for coming in with your expertise as I'm very inexperienced in this area. Wasn't trying to steal your knowledge, just didn't want to cause any confusion.

srlawren

@TaylorJW correct--the UMTS bands are not the ones required for PM (900+2100 vs 850+1900), and the 2G GSM support is useless with anyone but Rogers/Fido/Chatr.

EDIT:  I just noticed this statement:  "I /THINK/ that your phone should still work over the 850MHz/1900MHz band for 3G purposes but I'm not 100% sure.".  No.  That model of phone doesn't support 850 or 1900MHz, so it's not very useful on PM.

RE-EDIT: I see you changed that to 2G.  Unfortunately, Telus and Bell do NOT operate a 2G GSM network at all.  This phone is only useful on Rogers/Fido/Chatr within Canada.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TaylorJW

Hi there, 

Your phone doesn't appear to be compatible with the Public Mobile LTE 

network from what I'm seeing here. As I mentioned previously Public Mobile requires your phone to be compatible with the following bands:

•  For 3G use (UMTS/HSPA): 850MHz/1900MHz bands
  •  For 4G/LTE use: 1700MHz/2100MHz bands
  •  For 4G/LTE use: 700 MHz band

I /THINK/ that your phone should still work over the 850MHz/1900MHz band for 2G purposes on other providers but I'm not 100% sure. I'm really not an expert in this area but I'm pretty sure I am correct on that. 

Edit: Edited for clarity. 

arathykalesh

thank you . my phone model is SM-J100H/DD

srlawren

@arathykalesh what version of the J1 do you have?  We need the specific model number to be sure, but it doesn't appear to be compatible with Public Mobile's network.  At least, the version shown here definitely is NOT:  http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j1-6907.php.  Which model do you have?

EDIT: fixed tag.  Also: @TaylorJW and @NDesai are on the right track here, I believe.

TaylorJW

Hi there,

Have you ensured that your device is compatible with the Public Mobile network? Is the device from Canada? It doesn't have to be from Canada, but that'd be a great indicator that it's compatible. 

•  For 3G use (UMTS/HSPA): 850MHz/1900MHz bands
  •  For 4G/LTE use: 1700MHz/2100MHz bands
  •  For 4G/LTE use: 700 MHz band

Additionally, is the device unlocked or locked to Telus/Koodo? Has your sim card been activated and is your plan active?

If you have already checked all that, try the sim card in another phone if you have one available.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Did you activate the sim? If yes, is your self-serve account active?

Need Help? Let's chat.