cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow users custom avatars

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This came out of a discussion with @LEGO @RobertQc @will13am 

I think pm should allow users to have custom avatars. If they are worried about the images then allow them after users have reached a certain level (posts or Bravo's etc)

11 REPLIES 11

SD08

I'm happy with my celestial-themed avatar for now, but I still support the idea of allowing members to customize. 

A minor, beneficial side-effect of unique avatars is quick identification of authorship/presence in any particular topic.  It becomes easier to pick out someone's posts quickly if you're scrolling through a long thread.  Also, if too many members chose cSmiley Tongueffee cups (for example) or had a pastel-orange avatar, that would look a bit monotonous.  If you look at the avatar choices, you'll notice a preponderance of the colours blue and orange.  (Yeah...PM's colour theme, I get it.)  Simply adding a greater variety of colours via avatar customization would do wonders for the general appeal of the forum.

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 I agree to disagree.  PM have called this a community and seem to want to foster a sense of community (within reason).  I can't see how it would hurt.  

@mimmo I support the idea.  I can't see any harm to it.

all good about disagreeing. I admin a forum community and very different then here this is based on customer service the other is same hobbies and passion for trucks. That is why i class then differently. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well… I want the fancy one! Woman Wink

srlawren

@ShawnC13 I agree to disagree.  PM have called this a community and seem to want to foster a sense of community (within reason).  I can't see how it would hurt.  

@mimmo I support the idea.  I can't see any harm to it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I like this very much 😄

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mimmo wrote:

This came out of a discussion with @LEGO @RobertQc @will13am 

I think pm should allow users to have custom avatars. If they are worried about the images then allow them after users have reached a certain level (posts or Bravo's etc)

I understand people want this but this is a forum used for customer service not a chat forum or anything like that.  This will be an impulseun post but I don't see the need for it

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

I like my bike, but it would also be easier to recognize posters faster with different avatar!

I’ve been on this bandwagon for a while now, but I really like my steaming cup of coffee too!

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Count me in please

hc89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@mimmo I like your idea. I'm on board 🙂

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Noted!  Others who are passionate about this suggestion, please come on board.  No guarantees that this change will happen.  This will at least improve the chances for change.

Need Help? Let's chat.