cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Update and APN settings

Val_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

The steps outlined below, to change the APN settings remain the same.  Once the APN settings have been completed customers will notice a slight delay accessing services whenever they perform  a power cycle, SIM swap, toggle between airplane mode, or when turning LTE on/off.  Customers may experience a 30-60 second delay accessing voice and data services on HSPA, and up to a 12 minute delay accessing LTE data service.  During the 30 second delay your device will display “No Service” in the signal banner area.

We recognize that there are still some issues, and will continue to work on improving the experience for our iPhone customers.

To access data, follow these instructions to change your APN settings:

1. Insert your Public Mobile SIM card into your unlocked iPhone. 
2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”
4. Tap “Cellular Data Network”
5. Change your APN values to match the table below:

*Only update the fields that are circled. Leave every other field empty

iPhoneMMS.png

Good News: iMessage and FaceTime should work on all the plans which include Data and SMS feature

290 REPLIES 290

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@Do you have a data plan or a data add on? If so is your Mobile Data enabled on your iphone

ceciliaj731
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OK, found out i have to use safari to open the webpage not chrome. Now I have that APN installed. I still cant access internet.

ceciliaj731
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm having the same issue. I assume the fix is to download this mobileconfig file. But how should I use it? It's a 11kb file that has the options to openin google drive and other apps. Please help!

Thanks,

Cecilia

Gavran
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hey Audrey. I have a SIM card cutter, bought it on eBay. Just cut my standard sim to micro one. If you are not very far from etobicoke, I can do it for you, of course for free.

Krystal_D
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I went into a Rogers store to speak with someone about it. That's when I found out that you have to have an account with them in order for them to unlock the phones (for payment purposes), So they suggested that I look into the kiosk's that you would find in a mall. So that's what I did. They just said make sure to look for places that do factory unlocks it's more beneficial. Hope this helps.

blaze697

@chukdefatey wrote:
@blaze697, CRTC did not put any Pricing on how much a cell phone company can charge for unlocking a Device.

@Krystal_D, You paid way too much for the iPhone unlock for Rogers/Fido. At One Point those were the Prices for Rogers iPhone unlocks but now they are as low as $5 and I paid $9.25 last night for Rogers/Fido iPhone 5 unlock.

Seriously? wow the prices changed drastically. when you called in to rogers, which department did you speak to, i got 2 to unlock.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@blaze697, CRTC did not put any Pricing on how much a cell phone company can charge for unlocking a Device.

@Krystal_D, You paid way too much for the iPhone unlock for Rogers/Fido. At One Point those were the Prices for Rogers iPhone unlocks but now they are as low as $5 and I paid $9.25 last night for Rogers/Fido iPhone 5 unlock.

Krystal_D
Good to know. I was looking online for places that unlocked phones in my area and some places were charging 80-120 to unlock a iPhone with bell. I was lucky Rogers was the cheapest one to unlock.

blaze697

It's supposed to be no more than $50 to unlock the phones aparently. I had heard that the Almighty CRTC put a stop to the price gouging. Something about double dipping..

Krystal_D
Cost me $50 to get it unlocked. But I have heard that if you have certain carriers it's more expensive to unlock.

Krystal_D
I looked under General but didn't see anything that said profiles. But when I went under "about" it says pb. And I'm guessing I must have a magical iPhone. Lol.

blaze697

@blaze697 wrote:

@Krystal_D wrote:
I purchasedy iPhone 5 from a friend who was with Rogers. All I did was get it unlocked. Nothing else. But I have all the settings like the picture at top of this post. Did not alter anything at all beside what was needed to get mms.

Hey Krystal,

I know why you have more settings now, Rogers APN setting are different from Public Mobiles. I bet you if you goto General>Profiles, you'll see that you have a Rogers profile installed still. let me know.

Cheers

Out of curiousity, how much did you shell out to get it unlocked?

blaze697

@Krystal_D wrote:
Nope I have sent pictures to people with androids and iPhones and they both work with out any problems.

I'm starting to hate you and your Magical phone now:( wahhhh! Smiley LOL

blaze697

@Krystal_D wrote:
I purchasedy iPhone 5 from a friend who was with Rogers. All I did was get it unlocked. Nothing else. But I have all the settings like the picture at top of this post. Did not alter anything at all beside what was needed to get mms.

Hey Krystal,

I know why you have more settings now, Rogers APN setting are different from Public Mobiles. I bet you if you goto General>Profiles, you'll see that you have a Rogers profile installed still. let me know.

Cheers

Krystal_D
My step son has iphone 4s and he's works np either. I'm sorry I can't explain it better. It sucks that it's not working for everyone 😞

blaze697

@Gavran wrote:

iPhone 4 doesn't support iOS 8Smiley Sad

but Iphone 4s does...:(

Krystal_D
Nope I have sent pictures to people with androids and iPhones and they both work with out any problems.

blaze697

@Krystal_D wrote:
Yea everything works now. I can send pic messages they iMessage and regular mms. And I'm using iPhone 5

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that its working cuz your sending to other iphones right? Now trying sending to another cell other than iphone and tell me what happens...

Krystal_D

blaze697

@DK wrote:
You can download the apn settings from www.unlockit.co.nz for iPhones on iOS 7.1.2 to get data to work and then iMsg should work as well as data.

As for MMS (pic text) you can always use whatsapp (as long as they use it) as its free for people that are not on an iPhone.

As far as I'm concerned, this was Bang on! pretty cool WAP site allowing you to create and modify your own APN, and then it also sends it to your phone....as far as MMS goes, guess we're stuck with Whatsapp for the time being until Apple gives up its grip on the world...

I was sending too many Selfies anyways...

blaze697

@blaze697 wrote:

@Val_T wrote:

We are pleased to announce that the technical issue identified in our December post has been resolved with Apple’s release of the new carrier bundle (18.2).

The steps outlined below, to change the APN settings remain the same.  Once the APN settings have been completed customers will notice a slight delay accessing services whenever they perform  a power cycle, SIM swap, toggle between airplane mode, or when turning LTE on/off.  Customers may experience a 30-60 second delay accessing voice and data services on HSPA, and up to a 12 minute delay accessing LTE data service.  During the 30 second delay your device will display “No Service” in the signal banner area.

Please note, some applications such as iMessage, may require a text messaging plan in order to work.

We recognize that there are still some issues, and will continue to work on improving the experience for our iPhone customers.

2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”

iPhoneMMS.png

I have spoken to quite a few people about this common problem we're all having. How did you get all of those settings available? Did you alter your APN and then re installed it because all the people i have spoken with only have the "Personal Hotspot" setting available as seen here from my iphone 4:IMG_0770.PNG

Sorry about the size of the screen shot:)

blaze697

@Val_T wrote:

We are pleased to announce that the technical issue identified in our December post has been resolved with Apple’s release of the new carrier bundle (18.2).

Please note, some applications such as iMessage, may require a text messaging plan in order to work.

2. Tap “Settings”
3. Tap “Cellular”

iPhoneMMS.png

I have spoken to quite a few people about this common problem we're all having. How did you get all of those settings available? Did you alter your APN and then re installed it because all the people i have spoken with only have the "Personal Hotspot" setting available as seen here from my iphone 4:IMG_0770.PNG

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
You can download the apn settings from www.unlockit.co.nz for iPhones on iOS 7.1.2 to get data to work and then iMsg should work as well as data.

As for MMS (pic text) you can always use whatsapp (as long as they use it) as its free for people that are not on an iPhone.

Gavran

iPhone 4 doesn't support iOS 8Smiley Sad

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
You need iOS 8 if I am not mistaken and have carrier settings for Koodo 18.2 in order to edit the apn settings.

Gavran

No, it still doesn't work for an iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2. Just don't have those settings....

I believe iPhone 4S uses higher iOS.

Dear PublicMobile, please answer something about this issue.

Krystal_D
Not sure about the 4 but my step son has I iPhone 4s and it works for his. Sorry I couldn't be of any help.

Krystal_D
Problem is fixed. Follow the step at the top of this post. Then just make sure ur cellular data is turned on. That's all I did and mine works great without having a data plan

blaze697

@Krystal_D wrote:
Yea everything works now. I can send pic messages they iMessage and regular mms. And I'm using iPhone 5

Hey Krystal,

glad to hear its working for you. I was wondering if you know of a solution for those on Iphone 4 firmware 7.1.2?

Other than buying an Iphone 5 that is...

Thanks,

blaze697

hi there.

Did you get anywhere with this problem?

I'm having the same problems as you

Need Help? Let's chat.