cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are you celebrating the Long Weekend?

Danny_M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey Community!

With the Victoria Day long weekend coming up, we wanted to create a space for members to share what they are doing this weekend. Whether you already have a trip planned, thinking about some potential activities or looking for something to do, please share!  We want this to be an open forum to share and celebrate a, hopefully, warm weekend.  Any type of content is encouraged.  To get things started, I’ve shared below what I will be doing this weekend. 

I personally enjoy going up to a cottage during the summer long weekends. This weekend I will be going to Parry Sound where I hope to relax, play a little golf and soak up the sun on Georgian Bay with some friends.  Below is a photo I took from a couple of years ago.  Hopefully I get another sunset like this!

Sunset.JPG

13 REPLIES 13

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well, not a lot to do in this cold weather in the Rockies. We stay at home and cuddle on the couch...

This morning Calgary had a blast of snow. I was really happy for mother nature...and also that the fire hazards in our area are "banned".

Photo 2016-05-22, 9 45 11 AM.jpg

Vakshwell
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Everyone's plans sound great! 😀

I'll be celebrating my long weekend with some friends getting together, having ourselves a good BBQ and sitting around with beers in hand. Just enjoying the gorgeous weather we will be having in the GTA! 

I hope everyone stays safe this weekend! And I hope everyone enjoys! 😃

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@imm1304 Happy birthday!

Depending on the weather, I will be taking the kids hiking and bike riding. Lots of great trails around here.

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@imm1304 That's amazing man. Good for you. Happy birthday to you as well. I'm not sure what I'm doing yet but I'm probably going to kick back with a few friends and enjoy a few cold ones. It's one of my buddy's birthdays on May 24 so we'll probably celebrate that as well. Going to be a fun weekend.

TroyDaBes

I'll just stay at home. I need to relax a bit. This is a hectic week lol

homer

sleeeeep

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello everyone!

I hope you all have a great, relaxing weekend. Enjoy the time off and the wonderful weather 🙂

As for me, I'll be working but I'm thinking of having a family BBQ on Monday (yummm)

Also, happppy birthday @imm1304, we will you all the best Smiley Happy

Cheers!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Cat_L
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Happy birthday @imm1304!!! Hope you have a wonderful year ahead Smiley Happy

This long weekend, I'll be heading north to the Wasaga area and- what I'm most excited about- is doing some canoeing!! 

Here's some information about canoeing down the nottawasaga river (where I'll be):

http://www.nvca.on.ca/recreation/canoeing-the-nottawasaga

Hopefully it's warm! Smiley Tongue

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks @Jeremy_M and @Shazia_K!  

I hope you have a great weekend.  

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey everybody,

Enjoy the long weekend!!! 😄

and @imm1304 Happy birthday in advance, wish you many many more! Heart

Cheers!

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Happy Birthday @imm1304!!!!!! Wishing you the very best!!

os7ntpysocfdfdurp6qq.jpg

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This is the long weekend where Canada will celebrate my birthday with fireworks and an extra day off 😉

Being a gentleman that I am, I let queen Victoria get all the attention for it 😄

Agree with Jeremy, it looks like a great place to go.. I hope you and everyone else have a great weekend. 

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Danny_M

That really sounds and looks awesome! I think I shall tag along Smiley Tongue

Nahhh - I'm going to be entertaining my two awesome kids, probably head over to Old Montreal, and try some of those awesome food trucks while enjoying the scene 🙂

IMG_1505.JPG

Need Help? Let's chat.