Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Limited Time Offer: BONUS Data on 4G LTE plans

@TK wrote:

TOOOOO... expensive in QUEBEC

Ex:

Public Mobile           PROVINCE talk + text + 6 Gig,   $75

Koodo/Virgin/Fido    CANADA talk + text + 6 Gig,       $49

Quebec always has better deals because of Videotron.  I'd move over to Koodo if they had the Quebec deal here in Ontario. Listed below is what Ontario has.  

If you want 4 GB/month, (my plan with PM) with unlimited province-wide.

PM = $38/month (province-wide only, price further reduced by other credits)

Rogers = $90/month (only unlimited local calling though - no tab)

Fido = $75/month (rough estimate, no 4GB plan - includes Canada-wide calling)

Chatr = $50/month (6GB of data(unlimited), in-zone data only, 3Mbps during 6GB)

Bell = $95/month (unlimited Canada-wide)

Virgin = $75/month (see Fido in the above)

Koodo = $75/month (see Fido in the above)

Telus = $110/month (unlimited Canada-wide) $105/month for local calling.

Freedom = $44/month (this has 6GB(unlimited) of usage, in-zone only)

Freedom = $55/month (3GB only, includes free out-of-zone usage within that 3GB)

Zoomer = $54/month (3GB only, 800 minutes, unlimited weekends, Canada-wide)

Problem with living in Ontario. Not sure why we're the most expensive province. Guess it's because of lack of competition. 

Mayor / Maire

@jeffster1970 it's not just Ontario.  I belive those are the same rates we get out here in BC, too.  In fact, i think most of the country, other than Quebec, Saksatchewan, and Manitoba.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@WearySky wrote:

@Saray_O - the plans page is showing the bonus LTE data as being available on Canada-wide and Canada+US calling options as well as provincial-only.  I'm *assuming* that's a bug on the plans page, but could you confirm please?

Looks like the data is bonus on everything.  This looks different then when I signed up for the FM promo, which didn't show any bonus on the right column until the mods manually added it. 

@srlawren wrote:

@jeffster1970 it's not just Ontario.  I belive those are the same rates we get out here in BC, too.  In fact, i think most of the country, other than Quebec, Saksatchewan, and Manitoba.

Yeah, that's true. I think us people in Ontario just feel a little more persecuted than the ROC. We've had it with expensive stuff. Especially hydro, yikes.  Lots of benefits of living in Quebec, though the taxes are quite a bit higher, (looked to me about a $2600/year difference than Ontario)...still though.  

Oracle

Here we go.  I recall reading recently that someone had thrown out their unactivated SIMs.  Robot tongue  Good things come to those who are patient.  

Now that there's a promo, I wonder how long the Walmart and Wow Mobile stores will remain stocked with SIMs?  The places I had checked didn't seem to have many to begin with.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@SD08  Can you explain how this is such a fantastic promo given that this promotional price is 25% higher than the regular price was for the exact same level of plan(90 days, global text, province wide calling and 6Gb) just 3 weeks ago.  This was a 50% markup followed by 50% reduction of the markup. 

Oracle

@geologyking

While that may be true, those prices aren't available from PM anymore.  I don't like the recent price increases either (who did?), but I'm comparing the promo to PM's current regular prices. Maybe this isn't a "fantastic" deal, but if someone always compared new promos to those previous prices, then they could be waiting a long time for an acceptable deal.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@SD08  I understand where you are coming from...I'm just trying to add some balance to the thread.

Before I jumped ship from Rogers, I spent a lot of time reading the posts here and this community is amazing, both for support but also very pro PM.  At the time, I thought that was great.  My opinion of the community is the same but I think the support for PM is now misplaced.

I just want anyone like me, looking at switching over to PM at this point to understand the massive plan restructuring that was introduced last month and the corresponding huge increases in plan prices for LTE.  I think it's only fair that they know what's been going on.

@jeffster1970 wrote:

Problem with living in Ontario. Not sure why we're the most expensive province. Guess it's because of lack of competition. 

Well, we had one last remaining "independent" swallowed up by the telco mafia in the Ontario market. Wind might have not been the greatest (in fact it sucked big time when I tried them for 6 months a few years ago)  but it sort of kept the incumbents' flanker brands more "honest". Now that Wind has fully changed over to Shaw's Freedom, their prices have gone up and the flanker brands no longer have to match or be close.

Oracle

for 3gb data on LTE:

koodo and fido:

$65/month unlimited canada calling and texting 

PM:

$63/30 days (90 day term) unlimited canada calling and texting  with auto pay

$58/30 days(90 day term) unlimited provincial calling and texting with auto pay