Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Limited Time Offer: BONUS Data on 4G LTE plans

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This promotion is no longer available

Hey Community!

For a limited time, we're offering you bonus 4G LTE data when you activate on a 90-day plan. During this promotional period, we're featuring three amazing plans:

Length

Talk

Text

Data at 4G LTE Speed

Price

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Province-Wide Talk

Unlimited Global Text

3GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 2GB / 30 days

$150

= $50 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

6GB + 3GB Bonus Data

= 3GB / 30 days

$180

= $60 / 30 days

90-Day Plan

Unlimited Global Text

12GB + 6GB Bonus Data

= 6GB / 30 days

$225

= $75 / 30 days

Interested? Here’s how to score one of these deals.

First, you’ll need a SIM card. You can order one here or visit a participating Walmart or WOW! mobile boutique to purchase. Once you have your SIM card in hand, follow these easy steps:

1. Activate your SIM card here.
  2. After you’ve entered your information and selected a phone number or ported over your number from another provider, you’ll be prompted to choose a plan. Select the following combination to score this limited time offer:
  • 90-day pass
  • Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  • Unlimited Global Text
  • Your desired data allotment:

3GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 2GB / 30 days

6GB at 4G LTE Speed (+3GB Bonus) = 3GB / 30 days

12GB at 4G LTE Speed (+6GB Bonus) = 6GB / 30 days

1. Select your payment method and finalize the rest of the activation process.

Things to know

• This promotional bonus data offer is for a limited time only.
  • September 19th 8:00 am (EDT) was the last day you can activate on our promotional plans. The promotion will not be honored after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Public Mobile Community Team

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.
322 REPLIES 322

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cheam yes, the bonus data is still available, on either the full-speed 4G data plans, or the throttled 3G data plans as well.  These are the best promotions currently being offered by Public Mobile, regardless of what carrier you wish to switch from.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Cheam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have ordered a Sim. Is this promotion still in effect?

Is this the best available option for switching from Freedom mobile?

jasmina0m

That's great. Definitely a great incentive to join the Public Mobile Community!

Michael77

@Alphalee,

Hopefully one day there will be a good promotion. Only PM knows.

Alphalee

Do you think they will have another plan like the 4gb for $40 again?  I'm waiting as I finally got a simcard but waiting for deal to jump on it.  Last time no where locally had simcard and I missed out on a few promotion

srlawren
@BoomDigital depends how much data you need, how much you are okay paying, and if you're okay with much slower data.

If you want to stay with the fastest 4G plans like you have currently, the only cheaper 4G offering now available would cost you $150 for 90 days instead of $165 but you would drop down to half the available data (3 + 3 bonus for a total of 6Gb over 90 days instead of 12). If you need more than 12gb of 4G data your next option is 18gb (12+6 bonus) but it will cost you a staggering $255 for 90 days.

If you're okay dropping to the significantly slower "3G" data plans, you could have 18gb (12+6 bonus) for $156 which is a $9 savings over your current plan but for more data, albeit slower.

Quite honestly if you don't need more data you're probably better to stick with your current plan. But in the end it's up to you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

BoomDigital
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is this plan better than the one I have right now??

This plan includes: -- $55 for 4GB Promo- 12GB Data- Unlimited International Text- Unlimited Provincial Talk

For $165 per 90 Days If not I will keep the plan I have thanks in advance for any replies guys.

Noosiekins
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

**bleep** and I missed that?! 

@SD08 wrote:

@srlawren

No, I...*ahem*...borrowed that 3G pic.  lol

I would never switch from my Fall 2016 12 GB LTE plan.  It beats the bits out of any of the current plans.  They'd have to pry it out of my rigor mortised hands.  Smiley Tongue

srlawren

@SD08 indeed, myself as well.  

SD08

@srlawren

No, I...*ahem*...borrowed that 3G pic.  lol

I would never switch from my Fall 2016 12 GB LTE plan.  It beats the bits out of any of the current plans.  They'd have to pry it out of my rigor mortised hands.  Smiley Tongue

srlawren

Good stuff, @SD08!   (PS: Did you switch to a 3G plan?)

SD08

@Sophannieta wrote:

I purchased the data and I am pleasantly surpised, especially coming from Fido. My questions are:

1) Where on the bill does it show the bonus data? Under my "add-ons" - I only see the 3GB base data.

2) Is the data bonus perpeually renewing with auto-pay? That is the bonus data continued or just this first cycle of 90 days.

@Sophannieta

1) You can check under Plan & Add-ons, where it should indicate any bonus data like this:

PMDataPlanIndicator_1.png

You can also check under Plan & Add-ons -> Data & Add-On Usage, where it should indicate your data limit:

PMDataAddOnUsageIndicator.jpg

2) The bonus data will be available with each cycle, not just the first cycle, as long as you don't make changes to your plan.

If your bonus data is not showing correctly, you should contact a moderator.  

Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your account # or phone number.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Sophannieta

I purchased the data and I am pleasantly surpised, especially coming from Fido. My questions are:

1) Where on the bill does it show the bonus data? Under my "add-ons" - I only see the 3GB base data.

2) Is the data bonus perpeually renewing with auto-pay? That is the bonus data continued or just this first cycle of 90 days.

jshmeek

Contact the @Moderator_Team in a private message with your SIM number, phone number, and account number. They'll help you out.

DN

Activeted and paid. Got an email response but no serivce. I will appreciate your help.

jshmeek

@voucherking wrote:

it is not a gret offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Either you sit around and wait for Public to pull the trigger on a promo, or you take what you can get. Koodo, Fido, and Virgin currently have plans in line with Public (at least the LTE plans), minus the prepaid aspect. For some it works, others not so much.

voucherking
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

it is not a gret offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noosiekins
@jshmeek she has been a fido customer for years...but her account is attached to my brother and he keeps using their fido dollars on himself

jshmeek
Decent deal, especially if she can get a Fido loyalty plan down the road.

Noosiekins

Hey all

My mom just went to WOW mobile and got a heck of a deal.

She traded in one of her old phones and got a $50 trade in guarantee.

She was then offered an LG G5 for $0

She then was given a $200 prepaid Master Card Gift card for signing a 2 year contract. 

(So far she's at -$250) 

Her Plan is with Fido at $55/month (she doesn't ever go over her 1G) 

• 1 G Data
  • 500 minutes Canada-wide calling
  • Unlimited Canada-wide calling evenings and weekends from 5 pm
  • UNLIMITED INTERNATIONAL text, picture, and video messaging
  • Call Display
  • Voicemail

Not too bad all things considered. 

Rockdaddy22
Loyalty reward is pretty cool. I think I'll be at 2 years next renewal 🤑

shaner82
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Nsk143 wrote:
It's a great offer. As long ppls not comparing with 120 dollar 12gb plan.
40 dollar 4gb 30 days vs 75 dollar 6gb 30 days.its a big difference. But for someone who moving from 3 big company then its not a bad plan. Also you have to minus all rewards too. So it depends how much you willing to contribute to community forum. I would say let's say if you do contribute and get 6 bucks off and 2 dollars off for auto pay and add 3 refferal. On 30days basis your plan get down from 75 dollars to 64 dollars. Now that's not bad at all. 🙂

But good to see a positive change.

I see no reason why we shouldn't compare.  Might as well compare with what others have and what might be an option again one day.  

I think counting on rewards is risky too.  There's no guarantee you can get 3 people to switch.  Getting people to switch cell phone plans isn't easy.

Watoko

Good to see PM listen to their customers and bounce back. Great step in the right direction.

Michael77
I really don't like the Less for Less slogan.

jshmeek
While the speeds are one thing, at least the 3G plans have the latency of LTE. That's something that can't be said for Freedom, or Chatr for that matter (who Telus is trying to use Public to compete with). And I agree, the whole "Less for Less" thing is pure nonsense.

Honestly, The 3G Plans are quite Distracting, But if they raised the Speeds, like DL 8
UL 5.5, then perhaps that might generate some potential Interest.
That Less for less, well, What would That Seseme St. Count Countcula character say?
That would be a Big Debate.
But, what we need is More Rebate, lots of Debate, and plenty of Reasonably priced Data for our NEW Smart Devices

jshmeek

Heck, even if they matched Freedom's current offers with 3G data (like 6GB 3G data a month for $40/month), they would get somewhere (some people on lower data LTE plans may even consider a switch), and I'm sure some Freedom customers would be enticed with the Canada-wide coverage.

Whatever the case, I just hope the future promos aren't targetting a specific carrier, they should be open to all customers.

The 4G Promos so far are a far cry from what most PPL might have anticipated. It feels more like another Generic Carrier
I'll give PM credit for the effort for last yr, BUT this Less for less thing, feels like Scones. Dry, Bland. If ONLY PM could have added the seasoning Back in there, the Sweetener, then maybe PM could be Wonderful.

baijuxp

Thank you . 

This plan would satisfy most users needs

StandingWaves

Not impressed.  Been waiting for the $40 4GB plan to come back to bring my wife over, but so far her Koodo deal is better than anything PM has to offer, and that is with nationwide calling and a call center.  Come on PM, pick it up already.

Need Help? Let's chat.