cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnC13
Oracle

Re: Certified Pre-Owned Community Picks: Winner!

iPhones are going to win all the time especially when the Android vote is split between multiple options.

If you are an iOS user then there is only one option to choose from.

Android more than one option, it is like our political system it splits the vote and the best option isn't always the one that wins lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the Chat bubble in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 

Ah....yes this survey was flawed from the very beginning!

BKNS27
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The iPhone XS is a good pick although I picked the Samsung S10 because of the lower price than the iPhone XS.

There is also the iPhone XR which is almost similar to the iPhone XS.

softech
Mayor / Maire

I didn't pick Apple.. Let's hope there is a Samsung next...

@softech wrote:

I didn't pick Apple.. Let's hope there is a Samsung next...

I suspect that all three models are coming to the Public Mobile pre-owned phone lineup.  While the voting was likely to a provide a little bit of fun, these devices would have already been available and I can't see any reason for Public mobile not to put the rest up for sale.  

I will add that the initial impression that I got from the original announcement thread and of this announcement about a winner was of a contest, but that isn't the case.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Agreed - they would have had to source all models in the vote in case any particular one won. So the others will likely be available soon at the price they had always intended.

softech
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

iPhones are going to win all the time especially when the Android vote is split between multiple options.

So true!!

but honest, from the Community replies, we see so many posts about their vote to Samsung but not too many Apple's.   I guess Apple users are not as outspoken here and they just quietly cast their vote?  

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Cosmetics are easy to gauge but how can we be sure of the battery health?

And is it 64 GB (pointless) or 128?

softech
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin wrote:

Cosmetics are easy to gauge but how can we be sure of the battery health?

And is it 64 GB (pointless) or 128?

you can use apps to test it.   As long as it is reasonable , it should be ok.

the one thing it's good to get from PM is that it is covered by 1 year warranty

chainsawcowboy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm not an apple guy myself and find that a little pricey for a used phone. But @softech makes a good point you usually only get a one year warranty with a new phone so at least they are willing to back up a used product. That gives me more faith in the quality of the phones for sale.

Need Help? Let's chat.