Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,170 REPLIES 5,170

@Slick66 wrote:

So, the $2163 in my account from referrals will still be used to pay my entire $34 monthly bill until that money runs out?

Hi @Slick66 

that's a lot!!

and YES, they are there for you to use for the next  63 FREE months!!

Soon-ex-PM-user
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Indeed.  I have been with Public Mobile since November 2016.  I will look for another provider and bring the 4 family and friends referrals with me. 

nick_dv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

and I'm not talking about one account but 8 family members and 2 friends...

Bunnyhop
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Way to backstab all those people who referred new customers to PM.

Its time to shop around.

Slick66

So, the $2163 in my account from referrals will still be used to pay my entire $34 monthly bill until that money runs out?

AveragePerson

Are you going to get 15 points every month? If not, then you won't have to log in every month to convert it.

Moved:

Advertistement of referral codes of any type isn't permitted.

Slick66

I guess I do get to keep it . . . 

funds.png

nick_dv

Goodbye Old Rewards Program! Hello FIZZ! 

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update made to FAQs - 

I still have leftover rewards from the old program that I want to use - do I lose these  rewards?

No, you won’t lose any leftover rewards from the old program. Any credits earned up to May 2024 will remain on your account and be applied to your future bills.

LizfromCanada

I'm curious if my non-expiring data bonuses will be used first with this "bonus data" - seems like a ploy to get me to run through all my best legacy perks.

LizfromCanada

We don't have access to the same deals as new customers - they have better plan options available to new customers and they just reduced loyalty bonuses, so you're overall better to shop around.

LizfromCanada

It's unfortunate that the lowest paying and longest loyal customers are taking the biggest hits! Seems like they could have done anything to make this better for long-term customers!

Slick66

This literally isn't what we signed up for.

LizfromCanada

I was thinking the same thing - but that's super sad.

Y4J259

Am I correct in my understanding:

I will lose $50/yr from loyalty, and lose another $24/yr from auto-pay? This is another way of saying you are increasing my plan by $7/month, with no additional value? 

All my referrals will be collected as points, so you will make me log in EVERY SINGLE MONTH to convert my points to credit, and you intentionally will not allow this to happen automatically? 

The "gift" is a well-calculated joke. You know perfectly well that most users will not use that, especially users on the 50/75/100GB plans. 

The only "gift" would be for PM to have the option for legacy customers to move to a $27/mo 50GB CAN US plan. 

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My $34/50GB Can/US plan became active today and I can confirm that old gifted data is showing as being accessible. I believe the reason is that this new plan is a limited data plan and not unlimited. My previous plan was unlimited data and the gifted data was not accessible.

Jormungandr

Capitalism and greed at its worse.  In the current economical climate, this is an absolute **bleep** move by PM.  

@hTideGnow   Lol...however, unlikely I'll be doing that.   In fact, this new policy is less of an incentive to bother spending all that time to get earn a CR, IMO..

HI @golfball I think many would either don't remember or don't know how to redeem it and many points will be wasted, that's what to PM advantage.

of course, like any points program, people also accumulate a lot, then decide to leave one day and all those points are also wasted.  In the end, PM got the savings

AveragePerson

They're just spamming for the community rewards.

MitchSmith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm sure that them, like me, have not participated in the community after the switch to eversafe (and I mean, it's a phone service provider, not participating the community is to be expected.)

I had a much older community account where I did participate a bunch in the past. It's not 'hiding', it's just that we don't regularly participate in the community side of things, and now we're given a reason to. Do you also chat in your power company's forums? Your water service provider? This is the same to me, I have no reason to participate unless they give me a reason to, which they have.

HI @dwh1 

i have to agreet the compensation is not enough

the expiring data is not useful for most of us

for people who have been using 250Mb or 1GB, they won't suddenly use more in the next 150 days to waste them. 

For people with lots or data or 5G plans, the extra won't be useful. 

golfball

I didn't even think of that. People who just use and never log in to their accounts and those less technically inclined won't even be able to use their points. The added friction of the points system will force those users to now pay full price.

HI @Soon-ex-PM-user 

thanks.  I have no problem..

but I just find if you want to get your voice heard, use your real community name.  Like me, I replied and I let them know I am not happy.  I don't like to hide under a new account just opened couple hours aga.  

dwh1

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@geogolem no, you have to manually convert it each time you receive 15 points

This will be a significant pain point for those managing multiple accounts for children or other family members.  Yes, it does affect newer people who don't have legacy rewards - but the impact will be bigger on those legacy rewards users who didn't have this added manual step.

As I've said before in this thread - it's reasonable for them to go to a single rewards system instead of two, but this could be done so much better and could be done in a way that doesn't create this degree of unhappiness and anger.

@dabr wrote:

Wow PM... so to recap: no more loyalty/autopay rewards along with already discontinued non-expiring data.  This is, in effect, as mentioned by others, a price increase for existing customers. Thank you! /s.

HI @dabr 

yes, end of an era

to get rewards, you have to start participate more on the community again

geogolem

@ShawnC13 wrote:

thats what I thought.. which also sucks - they should allow us to specify some way to have them automatically redeem so that we can make it behave similar to the old rewards even if the monetary value of the new points system is less than the old system.

I have quite a few friend referrals and help many of those people with their public mobile accounts.. They will have a hard time logging in and redeeming the points -- so I will have to periodically help them once they accumulate points etc. It would be alot easier if I could set it up to just automatically happen...

Samashin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This restriction to not be able change the plan to a lower one to benefits from the "gift"  is the textbook definition of Tax on Poor. 
I just upgraded to a higher cost plan, because I could AFFORD it with my loyalty reduction. The EXACT day my new subscription passes, making the cancellation impossible, I get the message they're gonna remove the loyalty reduction as we currently know it. 
I feel like I've been frauded. This marketing campaign at 24$ just before was all planned to get 15$ customers to jump on something more expensive, that they could afford with the loyalty discount, and now they're slashing our discount now that they got us into paying more. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.